CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > DS Series

Old 14-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #11
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Gccp, that was a good deal
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #12
Taihighland

Hello, had read a bit on the DS5 and a few is selling in SGCarMart now. Tempting ride.
My concern is spare parts and workshop.

With a smaller numbers of cars on the road, is there a online site which we can order parts from?

Does Thomas or Antz had the require equipment or tools to do the job like timing chain or belts tuning?

Any tips to share is getting a used DS5 or just shove the ideal from my head. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taihighland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:22 PM   #13
iamveryfurry

Get past the looks first
Interior n exterior
Its not a very practical car in terms of cosmetics

iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #14
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taihighland View Post
Hello, had read a bit on the DS5 and a few is selling in SGCarMart now. Tempting ride.
My concern is spare parts and workshop.

With a smaller numbers of cars on the road, is there a online site which we can order parts from?

Does Thomas or Antz had the require equipment or tools to do the job like timing chain or belts tuning?

Any tips to share is getting a used DS5 or just shove the ideal from my head. Ha ha

Apart from Thomas & partner and antz. There is another shop one level above Thomas & partner shop that is call body fit. It is actually own & operated by Thomas previous partner/staff call Michael.

markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #15
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gccp View Post
Voyager, I can see that your postings are always informative and helpful, especially to newbies. Thanks loads.

I read from UK sites that Citroen as a whole they are trying to build their image and reliability, and DS series is one of their better offerings to change that image. So far there hasn't been many in the market yet to get a feel. I guess I have to go in with open eyes.

The unit in SGcarmart is a petrol, which I prefer to diesel. I reckon I only save less than 1k per year with diesel, which isn't much for lower performance.

Thanks for your comments!!

If the dealer is willing to let you do a short test drive. Please do it. The rear windscreen is awkwardly small that need some getting use too. The button layout in the cockpit is very pretty, however even for someone who drive ang mo car will also need to take time to relearn too.

Happy motoring.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #16
Taihighland

Thank you iamveryfurry and markfer1 for your inputs and perspective about the DS5.

All the three workshops I had visited before but only experience with Thomas and Micheal.

It is a direct seller sales.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #17
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thank you iamveryfurry and markfer1 for your inputs and perspective about the DS5.

All the three workshops I had visited before but only experience with Thomas and Micheal.

It is a direct seller sales.

Direct seller mean no lemon law protection. I believe you are aware of this.

In this case, make sure he/she share the saving he got with you ya. Otherwise not so fair for you. Our brand of car have very poor resale value, most likely dealer will offer him/her just a few k above his current paper value. I will not be surprise some risk adverse car dealer will even refuse to give him a quotation or simply just offer him paper value.

You should ask yourself whether you want to drive this car for the remaining years. Otherwise, your backside will likely tear just a bit smaller then his now.

Happy motoring.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #18
Taihighland

Thanks a million for reminding the negative side of our brand of cars or literally reminding me not getting my backside tear!! Ouch!
Ha ha.

It is a good skill to learn to be mindful of the negative side of everything.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #19
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks a million for reminding the negative side of our brand of cars or literally reminding me not getting my backside tear!! Ouch!
Ha ha.

It is a good skill to learn to be mindful of the negative side of everything.

Buy car = backside tear. Question is only how big the tear.

If you are prepare to drive it till it 10th birthday and the yearly depreciation and operating cost is within your means then why not. DS5 looks really good to me.

Cheers