CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Old 01-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
DaveFr

Default Oil level warning

Hi guys,

Recently been having low oil warnings after less than 1k driving. Everytime check the oil find level good slightly below full. To be safe i will top it up to full. Light will reset automatically after a few starts. Then after about 2 weeks of driving, come one again. Check level again with dip stick still showing full. Checked with Micheal and he said most likely sensor fault. Anyone experience this?
DaveFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFr View Post
Hi guys,

Recently been having low oil warnings after less than 1k driving. Everytime check the oil find level good slightly below full. To be safe i will top it up to full. Light will reset automatically after a few starts. Then after about 2 weeks of driving, come one again. Check level again with dip stick still showing full. Checked with Micheal and he said most likely sensor fault. Anyone experience this?
Yes, once every 5k or so. I just let it be, unless if it becomes very frequent

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #3
DaveFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Yes, once every 5k or so. I just let it be, unless if it becomes very frequent

Thanks bro. Its a relief that i am not the only one. I did check with micheal. He said its common for the sensor to fail on the THP engines. I was supposed to change the sensor today by Micheal, but today morning started car, it was showing oil level correct. I will monitor and see if it worsens before deciding to change the sensor.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #4
SkyC4
Connoisseur

I check the dipstick every 2 weeks, which is more trustworthy than the sensor. Back in olden days car no sensor also .. haha
Quote:
Thanks bro. Its a relief that i am not the only one. I did check with micheal. He said its common for the sensor to fail on the THP engines. I was supposed to change the sensor today by Micheal, but today morning started car, it was showing oil level correct. I will monitor and see if it worsens before deciding to change the sensor.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
DaveFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
I check the dipstick every 2 weeks, which is more trustworthy than the sensor. Back in olden days car no sensor also .. haha

Ya you are right. Nothing like checking physical level instead of relying on sensors.

Do other C5 owners also have this issue or is it just the 2 of us?
Old 02-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Ya you are right. Nothing like checking physical level instead of relying on sensors.

Do other C5 owners also have this issue or is it just the 2 of us?
I not too sure leh. I think it's a minor issue la. It's the German's fault (most of these sensors are Bosch or Siemens).... hahahaha

Old 02-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #7
cypantm

I changed mine 2 years back. Didn't even realised the sensor is faulty until the mechanic whom i seldom visit told me so ☺ correct name of the sensor is oil gauge sensor.
cypantm is offline   Reply With Quote