CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Cactus

Old 29-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #21
Spiritseye

Touch wood but you guys dont experience the multiple "Tok Tok Tok" sounds when car shifting from gear 2 to 1 on slow speed?

For single knocking sounds, i only hear them when the car is changing from higher to lower gear, not the other way round. Very strange little car this is..
Spiritseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #22
duobui

Nvr experienced multiple knock sounds.....higher gears change didn't notice any sound.
duobui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #23
Spiritseye

Cool

Went to CnC to have a look.

They told me they 'reprogrammed' or 'upgraded the programme' of the gearbox.

So far so good. No more continuous knocking sounds. The gear changing seems to be smoother too. You guys can try ask to upgrade the gearbox programme for smoother shifts.

However, after that I drove off and parked my car for about 2 hours at another location and when I retrieved it and drove off, it stalled and says "Manual restart".

I didn't have this problem before. Sigh, 1 thing leads to another. Hope it is just as the other bros here said: reason is because of cold start (though it is quite ridiculous as do not have this problem before).

Will continue to monitor, and if knocking sounds return.http://www.citroenchat.com/images/icons/icon6.gif
Spiritseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #24
roxyk

Wah. Got flat tire and best spare the spanner that Citroen provided broke off while trying to un-torque the bolts. Wonder if their spanner is really metal.
Now have to call them instead. - $59 service charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roxyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 11:04 PM   #25
sphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyk View Post
Wah. Got flat tire and best spare the spanner that Citroen provided broke off while trying to un-torque the bolts. Wonder if their spanner is really metal.
Now have to call them instead. - $59 service charge.

It happened to me too. The silly wrench provided has a very weak weld joint. But it also means that the idiot who tightened your wheel bolts overtightened it significantly.

Citroen specifies only 100nm for wheel bolts. Or....tighten firmly using hand tools.
sphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 08:20 AM   #26
roxyk

Oh. I must tell them when I go for servicing.

roxyk is offline   Reply With Quote