CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Cactus

Old 18-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
gtopeace

Default Poor performance of ETG5

Just wondering whether all other Cactus owner has same issue as mine.

- When i slow down to stop the car at traffic lights, when i get under 19-18 KM/h, the car switches into 1'st gear, the robotic clutch is lifted fast, then the car stops. In this interval 18-0KM/h the car jerks around because it does not have the time to go into 1'st gear smooth, then to stop. And I found the car keep jerking while the speed from 0-18 km/h at 1st gear. It's not smooth at all .

- When ai slow down from >40KM/h to ~19KM/h, and then accelerate again ( typical city traffic situation), the gearbox remains behind rendering the car to jerk around for 1 second, after that i get the power on the wheels.

I found same cases reported at oversea forum as well.
Just want to know whether this is the common case or single case, it single case, i better look for C&C in next service...
gtopeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
sphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtopeace View Post
Just wondering whether all other Cactus owner has same issue as mine.

- When i slow down to stop the car at traffic lights, when i get under 19-18 KM/h, the car switches into 1'st gear, the robotic clutch is lifted fast, then the car stops. In this interval 18-0KM/h the car jerks around because it does not have the time to go into 1'st gear smooth, then to stop. And I found the car keep jerking while the speed from 0-18 km/h at 1st gear. It's not smooth at all .

- When ai slow down from >40KM/h to ~19KM/h, and then accelerate again ( typical city traffic situation), the gearbox remains behind rendering the car to jerk around for 1 second, after that i get the power on the wheels.

I found same cases reported at oversea forum as well.
Just want to know whether this is the common case or single case, it single case, i better look for C&C in next service...
The ETG has always been jerky at best. And it's even more horrible in the cactus because of the light flywheel of the 1.2 engine. I don't think there's anything wrong with your gearbox. Anyhow, during your next servicing, just ask them to flash the software to the latest version. It lessens the jerkiness somewhat.
sphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
gtopeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphee View Post
The ETG has always been jerky at best. And it's even more horrible in the cactus because of the light flywheel of the 1.2 engine. I don't think there's anything wrong with your gearbox. Anyhow, during your next servicing, just ask them to flash the software to the latest version. It lessens the jerkiness somewhat.
You mean to upgrade the firmware of ETG gearbox ? this is FOC ? Thank you.
gtopeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
duobui

gear stuck in 3.....accelerate wont upshift.....paddle up to 4 auto downshift to 3. hve to stop and restart then normal again. "sweat" hope its not sign of anything to come.
duobui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by duobui View Post
gear stuck in 3.....accelerate wont upshift.....paddle up to 4 auto downshift to 3. hve to stop and restart then normal again. "sweat" hope its not sign of anything to come.

Bro. I suggest you still send your car in for a check.

Alsways safe then sorry ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
duobui

yup will reflect when doing the bonnet lock recall thing later this mth. at least locked in a report....
duobui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #7
roxyk

There are apparently two recall- bonnet and fan motor for air conditioning. Does anyone know what is the aircon recall? I sent in for bonnet recall and they told me they did both recall on my car.

roxyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 11:20 PM   #8
sphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyk View Post
There are apparently two recall- bonnet and fan motor for air conditioning. Does anyone know what is the aircon recall? I sent in for bonnet recall and they told me they did both recall on my car.

I just know that they would replace the fan control unit. After replacement, I notice that the fan cuts in earlier and stays on longer.

And now, I sometimes get a burnt smell in the cabin.
sphee is offline   Reply With Quote