CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Cactus

Old 03-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #11
event_horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphee View Post
Their signature colour: "hello yellow". The ideal drivetrain would be the PureTech turbo with the EAT6 transmission, just like in the peugeot 308. But I guess that would add weight to the car, which would go against the design principle of the cactus.
I am kinda confused by the yellow. In the brochure, there is a 'greenish' tint to it but the demo in the showroom looks like the bright rich yellow from the suzuki swift sport.

vs

event_horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #12
sphee

It isn't as yellow as the suzuki. The closest description I can think of is the yellow of a highlighter!
sphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #13
voyager
Capitaine

well done, sphee :-)

i hope i see you on the roads :-)

event_horizon,

welcome to our community :-)

i'm not sure if you do, but just in case you like the present trim materials (including the subtle bumps on the dashboard top and stitching on the interior door panels), do keep the car in your shortlist (assuming you have one, no problem if you are 'just looking' :-) ). subsequent batches of cactus may not come with these subtleties, and may be plainer (i have no confirmed word to support this :-) )
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #14
event_horizon

I played safe and just booked a Rouge Aden/black panel one today, based on the 'advice' of 2 very important people .
Should look like this.

Hope I get my COE soon.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #15
voyager
Capitaine

congratulations, event_horizon :-)

:-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #16
mouselim

Super classy car! I tried it today and honestly loved it, especially the aesthetics design like the door handle, the broad front seats, the push out rear window, the dashboard, glove compartment, the rear boot, the airplane like handbrake etc. But I didn't like the black circles on the dash board and the drive buttons. Especially the latter cos by placing them in the middle, its easier for passenger to meddle with it (especially if there are kids)...then they reverted back to key start...wonder why...
mouselim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #17
event_horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselim View Post
But I didn't like the black circles on the dash board and the drive buttons. Especially the latter cos by placing them in the middle, its easier for passenger to meddle with it (especially if there are kids)...then they reverted back to key start...wonder why...
You mean the black "pimples"? They supposedly can prevent phone from sliding around when placed on top of the glove box.

The DRN buttons only work when you depress the brake when stationary ... I think.

Would have preferred a start button ... another example to cost ... err ... weight saving?
Old 03-03-2015, 10:50 PM   #18
sphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselim View Post
Super classy car! I tried it today and honestly loved it, especially the aesthetics design like the door handle, the broad front seats, the push out rear window, the dashboard, glove compartment, the rear boot, the airplane like handbrake etc. But I didn't like the black circles on the dash board and the drive buttons. Especially the latter cos by placing them in the middle, its easier for passenger to meddle with it (especially if there are kids)...then they reverted back to key start...wonder why...
Hi,

just want to point out that you don't have to worry about passengers pushing the gear buttons on the centre dash. In the event the car is in motion and someone pushes 'R', the system will know not to engage reverse. That was one the first few things I checked in the user manual!
Old 04-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #19
sphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by event_horizon View Post
I played safe and just booked a Rouge Aden/black panel one today, based on the 'advice' of 2 very important people .
Should look like this.

Hope I get my COE soon.
Congrats, event_horizon. You would like the vehicle. Red was my initial choice, and was told there was only one red unit for booking, but then decided to change to yellow.

The cactus is a very decent and safe family transporter. Because it is light, the ride quality and handling is really good IMO. The engine could do with more power I agree, but it's still adequate up to our highway speeds. Just note that you can't storm off the lights with this car!

Due to its smaller size and ease of handling, I actually prefer to drive the cactus than my other DS5 to be honest.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #20
event_horizon

My SE informed me that I got the COE at 61k.
Doing the trade in around 2 weeks time.
I hope I can get used to the reduced power soon, and enjoy the improved fuel economy.
The car one drives really reflects one's changing needs and priorities.

Last edited by event_horizon; 04-03-2015 at 04:29 PM.