CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4

Old 11-01-2017, 06:58 AM   #11
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Thanks! Think my routes are less congested and i expected to get 2km/l more compared to your mileage. I do over 20K per yr

I am looking at 1L and 1.2L turbo cars as well as 1.6NA. Some 1.6NA popular cars have cheaper insurance so maybe that evens out the road tax. Compared to current 2L Citreon, yes save on road tax and insurance
Hi bro,

I have no scientific proof, but I think our car can get much better fuel efficient if you drive at higher speed like 100 -110km/hr vs 80km/hr. Strange I know beco I dunno read from where that driving at a constant speed of 80km/hr is most fuel efficient.

I am very old fashion and just cannot understand how a 1L or 1.2L car have enough power to pull along a car body + 4 human + shopping bag. But I must say C4 1.2L did surprise me pleasantly. I have not try but I am quite sure it will be breathless after say 130km/hr, but that speed range and above is meaningless for me since my driving style is very uncle type. hardly even cross 100km/hr.

I am not sure about the insurance being cheaper portion, but safe to say that it should not be higher then C5 base on the same driver profile.

Personally I like Mazda 6 but I feel that it is overpriced. (Every other car in SG are also overprice too). Could also be after sitting in C5 for too long, if change to a average price japan/Korean car, their car interior just feel different.
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #12
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Generally, it is believed that at speeds higher than 110km/h, you are burning extra oil to overcome air drag. But that "optimal" efficiency depends a lot on aerodynamics and others. Just enjoy the drive safely! I remember in the late 80s, car advertisements often included the drag coefficient as part of their specs. No longer a selling point these days.

I agree with you about the C5 (and even C4, my other babe). With an annual depreciation that is similar to a bread and butter car, its specs are top notch.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #13
phoenix

I went for a 2nd test drive and find the 2nd drive more acceptable as I already know the route SE wish to take and thus able to drive my usual style. SE is willing to accomodate my request for freebies and therefore placed my order.

SE says its a 6 bid NG package and I asked if bidding will be done within 3 months and was verbally informed to be positive. However the authorisation form I signed stated otherwise, hopefully no funny tactics from CnC and I continue my alliance with Citroen.
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 06:45 AM   #14
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
I went for a 2nd test drive and find the 2nd drive more acceptable as I already know the route SE wish to take and thus able to drive my usual style. SE is willing to accomodate my request for freebies and therefore placed my order.

SE says its a 6 bid NG package and I asked if bidding will be done within 3 months and was verbally informed to be positive. However the authorisation form I signed stated otherwise, hopefully no funny tactics from CnC and I continue my alliance with Citroen.
Hi bro,

Congrats.

Verbally means very little/nothing during dispute. I experience it 1st hand with them myself. If this pointer is critical to you, then it has to be inked down on the sale document. Nowadays verbal promise are very very cheap or means nothing.

You can also ask your SE where is your car right now, it it still in France, on the boat or sitting in Singapore Port? If it is already sitting in Singapore Port, then they will be more motivated to quickly secure a COE for you and hand over you the car to realize the sales + save a space in the warehouse + warehousing cost.

During the COE bidding day, try logging in to onemotoring to see the bid C&C put in for you. Just log in to check 10min from closing will do, If the bid they put in for you is way below the live COE bidding price. It simply means they are not motivated to secure you a COE during that round, since your is a 6 bid NG, therefore, they legally have 6 round to slowly bid.

Personally I believe that if your car is already in Singapore Port, they will secure a COE for you within 2 round of bidding unless the COE price surge. (Incidentally, this weekend is a big car show, good chances of COE price to surge the next 2-3 round of COE bidding is high since car dealer across the island is expected to collect more sales order and will help their buyer secure it.)

Happy motoring.
Old 13-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #15
iamveryfurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
Gentlemen, why another citroen?
Cos the tagline on the number plate since advance auto.
Nothing moves you like a Citroen.
Back on my fifth

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 09:16 PM   #16
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamveryfurry View Post
Cos the tagline on the number plate since advance auto.
Nothing moves you like a Citroen.
Back on my fifth

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
C4, C4, C3, Berlingo?, C5. Welcome back.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #17
phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Hi bro,

Congrats.

Verbally means very little/nothing during dispute. I experience it 1st hand with them myself. If this pointer is critical to you, then it has to be inked down on the sale document. Nowadays verbal promise are very very cheap or means nothing.

You can also ask your SE where is your car right now, it it still in France, on the boat or sitting in Singapore Port? If it is already sitting in Singapore Port, then they will be more motivated to quickly secure a COE for you and hand over you the car to realize the sales + save a space in the warehouse + warehousing cost.

During the COE bidding day, try logging in to onemotoring to see the bid C&C put in for you. Just log in to check 10min from closing will do, If the bid they put in for you is way below the live COE bidding price. It simply means they are not motivated to secure you a COE during that round, since your is a 6 bid NG, therefore, they legally have 6 round to slowly bid.

Personally I believe that if your car is already in Singapore Port, they will secure a COE for you within 2 round of bidding unless the COE price surge. (Incidentally, this weekend is a big car show, good chances of COE price to surge the next 2-3 round of COE bidding is high since car dealer across the island is expected to collect more sales order and will help their buyer secure it.)

Happy motoring.
Yeah verbally and yesterday I SMS him for assurance but never insist to ink in document. As long as the whole episode does not drag later than May then I have time to either buy another new car w guarantee bidding if prices comes down or just find another used car if I really do not secure coe. SE says car in warehouse and he estimate I should get car by end of next month so we shall see
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #18
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yeah verbally and yesterday I SMS him for assurance but never insist to ink in document. As long as the whole episode does not drag later than May then I have time to either buy another new car w guarantee bidding if prices comes down or just find another used car if I really do not secure coe. SE says car in warehouse and he estimate I should get car by end of next month so we shall see

Car already in Singapore. They will more motivated and aggressive to secure a coe for you within 6 bidding. Afterall, citroen is still a not popular brand. They should know it is not easy to get ppl to sign on the dotted line.

Happy motoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk