CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4

Old 10-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #1
Ad22

Unhappy "Serivce" Light came on without any error and does not goes off

Hi all

Need help. First time drive conti car. I'm a new owner of the C4 hatchback. Just drove for 5 months plus the "service" light just came but the display did not show any error. The manual indicate might have mutlipule fault causing the light to come up but i driving now without any issue for the past few days. I tried to book a time slot to check the issue but was given a slot next month...... Can I konw if this is just an indicator that I need to service my car and not any major issue?

Apperciate if anyone can advise me. Thanks
Ad22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Want quicker diagnosis go to Thomas and Partners or Antz Automobiles. The error codes are stored in the ECU (computer) to be pulled out with a diagnostic computer. Usually, SERVICE warnings are less worrisome than "STOP". Nevertheless, I would get it seen by someone. By any chance yours is a light blue unit with SLC plate? I have been seeing it on the road.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
voyager
Capitaine

hello and welcome, Ad22,

what is your mileage, please :-)

also, when you start the car, do you see a spanner symbol anywhere on your dashboard?
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
Ad22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Want quicker diagnosis go to Thomas and Partners or Antz Automobiles. The error codes are stored in the ECU (computer) to be pulled out with a diagnostic computer. Usually, SERVICE warnings are less worrisome than "STOP". Nevertheless, I would get it seen by someone. By any chance yours is a light blue unit with SLC plate? I have been seeing it on the road.

Hi Thanks SkyC4 manage to get a slot to do a 60 minutes maintenance next week . I let them take a look ... I'm driving a dark blue unit (SLL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
hello and welcome, Ad22,

what is your mileage, please :-)

also, when you start the car, do you see a spanner symbol anywhere on your dashboard?
Hi Voyager, My mileage is only 8000+. No did not see any spanner symbol lighted up. Only have the "SERVICE" light On all the time.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #5
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad22 View Post
Hi Thanks SkyC4 manage to get a slot to do a 60 minutes maintenance next week . I let them take a look ... I'm driving a dark blue unit (SLL)

Hi Voyager, My mileage is only 8000+. No did not see any spanner symbol lighted up. Only have the "SERVICE" light On all the time.

Bro, your car is so new. You should bring back to cycle and carriage to let them fix it. I think good chance to let them solve this problem for you free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
voyager
Capitaine

thank you, Ad22, it's good to know you have an appointment set up.

when you start the car, does any kind of message momentarily appear (then disappear) such as "servicing due in xxxx km" (or something like that)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
Ad22

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Bro, your car is so new. You should bring back to cycle and carriage to let them fix it. I think good chance to let them solve this problem for you free

Bro Markfer1, I think so too. I'm arranging to send back for them to check. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
thank you, Ad22, it's good to know you have an appointment set up.

when you start the car, does any kind of message momentarily appear (then disappear) such as "servicing due in xxxx km" (or something like that)
Hi bro. That's the problem really no indication at all what the "SERVICE" light was light up for, No msg at all.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #8
SkyC4
Connoisseur

I initially thought you had the previous generation C4. Great that Voyager asked you your mileage. Yep, do go back CnC.

On top of what Voyager asked regarding "service due in XXXX km", did you ever hear a beep? Sometimes the error message flashes for only few seconds. And I miss it. But the beep sound will be audible and a sound you don't usually hear.

SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #9
samsohps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad22 View Post
Hi all

Need help. First time drive conti car. I'm a new owner of the C4 hatchback. Just drove for 5 months plus the "service" light just came but the display did not show any error. The manual indicate might have mutlipule fault causing the light to come up but i driving now without any issue for the past few days. I tried to book a time slot to check the issue but was given a slot next month...... Can I konw if this is just an indicator that I need to service my car and not any major issue?

Apperciate if anyone can advise me. Thanks

By right service light appear, should be your car reach the mileage that need service, like 10km.
If your car never send to servicing. It will remain there until you send your car fir service. They will reset for you the next service date.

samsohps is offline   Reply With Quote