CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4

Old 21-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #81
ncl

You will find your answer if you read through the thread.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #82
Johnnywkp

Am driving a 2009 C5 with 170k mileage. Been receiving the gear box faulty message. Looks like I have to do the overhaul on the gearbox costing $3k plus and drive this car for another 3 years when the coe expired.
Johnnywkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 01:06 AM   #83
kimmo

Exclamation Solution to gearbox faith, service light and all beeping warnings!! Citroen C5 or all

My advice to you guys.. Never ever trust mechanics while I've driving conti car.

They will suggest you to change gearbox, atf, ecu, or even overhaul gearbox.. Bulls to them.

Simple fix easy if your drive is a C5, no tools needed, however u have to leave your car unlock for awhile:

Root cause:
This the the build up of warnings/signals to your ecu records, causing malfunctions to all components and warnings.

Fix:
Reboot all components and ECU to clear build up records.
1. Unlock your battery cover. ( keep your hands away from all open wires at all times!!!)
2. Loosen the + connector from the battery first followed by the minus one. Place the 2 connectors away from the battery. Wait for 30mins for all components to discharge all electrocity. This will reset ECU and main engine components to default setting.
3.after 30 mins or more, attached the (-) connector first followed by the (+) one. Keep your hands off open wires!!!
4) do not start your ignition right after step 3!! Just leave your car as it is and lock it. This is to allow time for your ECU to boot up and read all components records as default!! If u start your ignition right after u plug the battery back in you'll have to redo all the above steps again..
5) say a big thanks to me cause I solved all your problems without any cost!! Haha

There's lots of videos on YouTube to reboot ECU from battery. Watch them before trying.
Btw, removing ECU fuse won't work. This is the only solution that works for me.

Last edited by kimmo; 21-07-2017 at 01:17 AM.
kimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #84
hafizsteen

Hi all. I m facing the same problem also n sadly i m in JB. I dont dare to drive back to SG. Is there any good Citroen repair center to recommend?

Thanks
hafizsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #85
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizsteen View Post
Hi all. I m facing the same problem also n sadly i m in JB. I dont dare to drive back to SG. Is there any good Citroen repair center to recommend?

Thanks

Why not tow the car back to your prefer shop in SG to fix your problem
?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote