CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4

Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 PM   #21
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure View Post
Is Antz ok with customers bringing their own engine oil and atf?

Hello. I have not gone there to do servicing before. But can check with them when you dial them to make appt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:53 AM   #22
SkyC4
Connoisseur

I have brought my own before.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #23
auto_emocion
Connoisseur

I don't like to keep leftover oils.
A good healthy engine dont need oil top ups.

We don't have the luxury and skills to perform oil change at our backyard garage. Workshops and mechanics are all over this island. It is so convenient for a normal servicing..
Old 07-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #24
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
I don't like to keep leftover oils.
A good healthy engine dont need oil top ups.

We don't have the luxury and skills to perform oil change at our backyard garage. Workshops and mechanics are all over this island. It is so convenient for a normal servicing..
auto_emocion, my C4 didn't need to top up but there was once a leak cos the rubber gasket at the filter housing cracked. Top up and drive to TnP change rubber. It's for no choice emergencies only la.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #25
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Although, for the C5 Prince engine, top up oil happens for a lot of people, unfortunately. Less so due to poor engine health, more because of engine design flaws which your 2L C5 didn't have. Anyway, I digressed. The TS drives a C4

Old 11-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #26
Leisure

I bought the Carlube ATF-U as recommended by ncl. It is spec-ed to LT 71141 which conforms to the AL4 transmission. The servicing will be done next Tuesday and I will report the results after the ATF change.

I bought 3 liters and from what I read, that should be enough. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #27
Leisure

Just and update after the maintenance....

The Carlube ATF recommended by ncl works well and the transmission is indeed smoother.

However, I switched to Shell Helix 5w40 for the engine oil and the engine sounds like a diesel now - very loud and distinct tock-tock-tock sound even after the engine has warmed up. Previously, it sounded this way only when cold.

I spoke to Anthony about this and he said that it is most likely due to the 40 grade oil used. He says that he uses grade 50 as standard. Will probably switch to 50 at the next servicing.

If anyone has any suggestions to reduce the noise, it will be appreciated!
Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #28
ncl

CnC recomends 30. I had changed to 40 and no issue. I would recomend add liquid moly ceratec to the oil.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #29
SkyC4
Connoisseur

For your C4, the factory spec is 40 (even tho CnC fills 30). CnC fills 30, I believe, cos all the THP and current range of e-hdi and blue hdi all use 30 so they just mass indent the Shell Helix 5w30 AP-L

Old 22-08-2017, 05:46 AM   #30
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure View Post
Just and update after the maintenance....

The Carlube ATF recommended by ncl works well and the transmission is indeed smoother.

However, I switched to Shell Helix 5w40 for the engine oil and the engine sounds like a diesel now - very loud and distinct tock-tock-tock sound even after the engine has warmed up. Previously, it sounded this way only when cold.

I spoke to Anthony about this and he said that it is most likely due to the 40 grade oil used. He says that he uses grade 50 as standard. Will probably switch to 50 at the next servicing.

If anyone has any suggestions to reduce the noise, it will be appreciated!
Also it's weird Anthony says 50. Cos Peugeot Citroen cars that are on the roads now are specced mostly to 30, and 40. But not 50.