CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 12-03-2018, 11:12 PM   #11
cwtien

Default Starting to get this problem too

I'm starting to get this problem too.

1. My delayed aircon has been there for 3+ years. SC told me it was a cooling coil problem, but didn't need to change it if cool air is still there.
2. Just last month I start hearing "traaap traaaap" sound. Not the "tuk tuk" sound. SC told me it's evaporator housing. Someone changed it before - I bet it was you Portalese (Naza Puchong).
3. I just noticed (like 1-2 days ago) a hissing sound coming from aircon.

Looks like I better plan a visit to a workshop before the hot air blows....*sigh*.

And I just had my clutch failure in October 2017 too.
cwtien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 10:39 AM   #12
Portalese

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwtien View Post

1. My delayed aircon has been there for 3+ years. SC told me it was a cooling coil problem, but didn't need to change it if cool air is still there.
2. Just last month I start hearing "traaap traaaap" sound. Not the "tuk tuk" sound. SC told me it's evaporator housing. Someone changed it before - I bet it was you Portalese (Naza Puchong).

Looks like I better plan a visit to a workshop before the hot air blows....*sigh*.

Are you using the same model? 2012 C4GP post facelift?

Not sure whether both sounds are identical to mine. If that noise sounds like knocking on metal plate, then it's evaporator housing. If the noise sounds like a cogwheel stuck, then it's reduction gears. Hissing sound is the red alert for me last time. Within one month the whole system blowed hot air.

Check the Naza price on my first post. Place order first. They need 3 months to ship in from France.

I'm the only black facelift unit in Klang Valley (according to agent). So if you see a black C4GP wearing black wheels then it's me. Outside of service centre, I only saw a white facelift unit around Puncak Jalil and a brown unit around SS2.

PM me if you're interested to link up with another rare animal. Hahaha.

Last edited by Portalese; 14-03-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Portalese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #13
yap18
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwtien View Post

how much u replace your clutch?
C4GP
yap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #14
Portalese

Naza Price : Whole clutch kit RM3.8k+. Workmanship around RM180.
Portalese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 12:36 AM   #15
cwtien

About Portalese's price. I think about RM 3.6-3.7k.
cwtien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #16
wsngang

For that tuk-tuk sound, which cause the delayed air-con, I got it fixed for all 3 location, and it come back in 6 months time. Now the delay is around 20 secs. TnP and Antz said just forget it and bear with it... it will be back unless you change a brand new set, which is very costly.
wsngang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #17
CougarGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalese View Post
Hi Guys. Just want to share my recent repairs and cost, maybe can provide a head up to fellow owners / future owner here.

IMHO, it's good to expect this kind of thing since the cost is not cheap (Not extravagant either considering all parts shipped from France, and this is a quirky French girl).

Some notes here based on service advisor mostly:
(Need verifications from some expert here)

1. C4GP climate control has 5 components instead of normal car's 4. (really?)

2. Because the climate control and sensors are not made to endure our tropical climate, it is not recommended to let the air-cond operate in 'Auto' mode. Always manually select the fan speed, and most importantly turn on the 'recycle air' icon. The advisor said the evaporator housing lifespan is short because of me letting the air-cond work on auto mode 99% of the times. (French maids don't like auto-pilot men?)

3. Evaporator housings are the components that housed cooling packs for air-cond. From my list, the evaporator housings, reduction gears and cylinder head covers are costly because I opt for brand new unit from France. Price include 21 days shipping.

4. I heard most THP cars in MAL / SG suffered the same issue especially 308 Turbo. Is this true?

5. Just sharing my experience and observation on how it broke, might help fellow owners to perform preventive measures.
5.1 At first there was a lot of hissing sound from air-cond vents.
5.2 After some times, when you turn on ignition key, the car will emit 'Tak! Tak! Tak!' sounds. This sound will disappeared right after air-cond started blowing.
5.3 After driving under hot sun or idling for some times, there's a metal knocking sound 'Dang!' coming out from below the car (right below driver's seat)
5.4 Terminal illness stage! Air-cond only blows hot air. And I really mean HOT! Don't bother sending to refill gas, it could only last for 1.5 days. The leakage is bad.

6. All price in RM. I have no idea how much they cost in SG.

Item 1: Reduction Gear
Is this the stepper motor i.e., black color, 3 screw mounted, and has a nylon hex (8mm) shaft?

I have serviced 5 of these. 3 front and 2 behind. From those 5 I have worked with, they are very sturdy and chances of them dying is low based on the design. All are back to live and working fine (except 1 unit, which "recovered" again after another round of servicing)... despite workshop declared that they are dead and need to be changed).
CougarGTR is offline   Reply With Quote