CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Old 13-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #21
chinablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Left circle (I think) is high beam. Right circle (quite sure) is the directional lights. Only light up when you turn steering wheel. When you turn left, left one will right. Same for right side. Citroen invented directional headlights.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
strange, i on my high beam and the bulb(left circle) did not light up at all on both sides, instead the main dipped beam(on my left) projected more light, but the main dipped beam on the right didn't(maybe the bulb has died for high beam).
so i am wondering what's the usage of the bulb there if it's not for my high beam.
thanks anyway!
chinablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #22
voyager
Capitaine

i believe SkyC4 is correct, the innermost are the high beams.
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #23
iamveryfurry

press the scroll wheel on top left of steering wheel, then go under lighting, make sure directional is enabled
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #24
SkyC4
Connoisseur

By the way, the directional lights not supposed to work in reverse gear or stationary. Only when moving, and above a certain speed (can't remember the speed), think 10km/h

SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #25
SkyC4
Connoisseur

The best way to know if it works is to pay attention to the movement of the beam when turning in a carpark. The dipped beam will swivel. The directional lights (yellow color) will switch on. Can see reflection on the walls of the carpark

Old 13-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #26
chinablue

thanks for the replies guys.i didn't on the directional lamps, so this may explains for the outermost small little bulb there.

as for the inner most bulb, which was said to be the high beam, i have tried to on the high beam and both left and right did not light up, so i guess either the both D1S bulbs has burnt or there's a problem with the connector or socket or wiring..
Old 13-07-2017, 09:29 PM   #27
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinablue View Post
thanks for the replies guys.i didn't on the directional lamps, so this may explains for the outermost small little bulb there.

as for the inner most bulb, which was said to be the high beam, i have tried to on the high beam and both left and right did not light up, so i guess either the both D1S bulbs has burnt or there's a problem with the connector or socket or wiring..
I went back to stare at my head light. Actually, you are right. There is no bulb in the inner bulb hole. It's purely aesthetic in the HID model. Because on high beam, the directional xenon beam just adjust upwards along the vertical axis and back down for the dipped beam. This is why it is called dual function xenon light. As to why there is a dummy bulb hole, I think it's meant to cater to the non exclusive C5 that use regular bulbs with a need for a separate high beam. I think.

Old 13-07-2017, 11:30 PM   #28
iamveryfurry

bixenon works on shutter
there is a shutter that comes down to cut off the high beam section (half the zone) , when u "high beam" the shutter swings up to allow the full beam
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #29
chinablue

thanks, now i understand.
looks like my shutter was not working for the right hid bulb then : |
Old 20-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #30
chinablue

Has anyone changed the DRL led to pure white led lights before.? Thank u.