CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Old 29-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #31
chinablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
The bushings worn off, leaving gaps where water and debris to be trapped in there. So avoid driving over puddles of water. This is one of the design fault, but money can solve the problem.
i have changed the bushing and the joint as earlier on i always have some knocking sounds when going over uneven roads, is this another separate bushing for the front absorber?
can i just replace the bushings for the front absorber or i would need to buy a new front pair of absorber for this?
thanks.
chinablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #32
chinablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
hello chinablue,

facelift or no facelift, the 508 would never beat the C5.

this is because when the two originally came out, the 508 had (and still has) struts in its suspension, with the top models (in Europe) with double wishbones.

the C5 had double wishbones regardless of model.

so, straightaway that meant better wheel control.

further,

the C5 was launched with regular springs in its lower models and with hydropneumatic springs at the high end.

so, that meant better cushioning and damping.

if you follow the argument, the top model 508 would only be comparable with the base model C5 (in terms of suspension).

as auto_emocion says, no comparison at all.
thanks for the info, actually i was shortlisting the next car to change after my c5 expires. looking at the 508 and 1.6 insignia which fits my budget..
chinablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #33
auto_emocion
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinablue View Post
i have changed the bushing and the joint as earlier on i always have some knocking sounds when going over uneven roads, is this another separate bushing for the front absorber?
can i just replace the bushings for the front absorber or i would need to buy a new front pair of absorber for this?
thanks.
Can ask Salaimi of Antz to explain this. He has a $60 remedy, but didn't work for me. It must be clean and lubricated since new in order to last.