CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2017, 08:57 AM   #11
auto_emocion
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnuh View Post
Bosch oxygen sensor. Should i grab this? Where is this to be plug in? Before the catalyser or after?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It is better to get the mechanics to advise you accordingly.
__________________
'10 Citroen C5 Confort
auto_emocion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #12
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnuh View Post
Yaa... but reviewed said average 15

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Whatever the review or brochure state. Just minus 40% and you will get a more realistic fuel consumption estimate.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:19 AM   #13
Ci5man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Whatever the review or brochure state. Just minus 40% and you will get a more realistic fuel consumption estimate.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duno shud i change or not. Usually people wont change until it is faulty. But fuel consumption plays a part from here as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ci5man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #14
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnuh View Post
Duno shud i change or not. Usually people wont change until it is faulty. But fuel consumption plays a part from here as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Personally I am already use to 8km/L type of FC. I do not bother to check or change any part unless cycle or Thomas tell me to do it.

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #15
auto_emocion
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnuh View Post
Duno shud i change or not. Usually people wont change until it is faulty. But fuel consumption plays a part from here as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It is normal to achieve 8-10km/L for a big car like C5, in Singapore.

I used to get 10km/L on my Subaru R1 which claims 20km/L
My current Impreza TS gets 8.5Km/L. My C5 gets 8km/L.

Singapore has too many humps, mscp, traffic lights to begin with.

Why not take a look at the pressure on your tires.
__________________
'10 Citroen C5 Confort
auto_emocion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:23 AM   #16
auto_emocion
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Personally I am already use to 8km/L type of FC. I do not bother to check or change any part unless cycle or Thomas tell me to do it.

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brother.

Cycle goes by the book and computer...
Antz and TnP uses their experience...
__________________
'10 Citroen C5 Confort
auto_emocion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:35 PM   #17
chinablue
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Btw, on the note of cost of petrol, I personally find no difference between 95 and 98 fuel on fully stock C5. Although I think some members here (and drivers of other cars with turbo engine) would suggest at least RON 98 of certain brands. I personally cycle through a few tanks of RON95 from each of the 4 brands available in SG and try to detect knocks using an OBD2 reader, but so far all are ok.

Therefore, to help with managing the cost of petrol, you might wanna consider RON 95.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Personally feel no diff between 95 and 98 as well, tried both before but now I only pump 95.
The 40cents per liter is quite substantial on avg I pumped around 55litres each time.
So it's about 22 bucks savings and I used that to buy the redex injector cleaner which costs like $9 for 2 refuel.
And redex does helps a little improving the fuel consumption, but not sure in long run any side effects or not.
chinablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #18
auto_emocion
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinablue View Post
Personally feel no diff between 95 and 98 as well, tried both before but now I only pump 95.
The 40cents per liter is quite substantial on avg I pumped around 55litres each time.
So it's about 22 bucks savings and I used that to buy the redex injector cleaner which costs like $9 for 2 refuel.
And redex does helps a little improving the fuel consumption, but not sure in long run any side effects or not.
To be frank, there are differences between the 2 grades. The ECU auto adapts to the fuel grade but you won't feel the difference on normal drives.
__________________
'10 Citroen C5 Confort
auto_emocion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:01 AM   #19
SkyC4
Connoisseur
 
SkyC4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
To be frank, there are differences between the 2 grades. The ECU auto adapts to the fuel grade but you won't feel the difference on normal drives.
Agree. The differences are mainly in the combustibility and the concentration of additives. But the stock engine will accept Singapore's 95 quite happily. In other countries, where quality of petrol is less consistent, I'd be more careful

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #20
chinablue
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
To be frank, there are differences between the 2 grades. The ECU auto adapts to the fuel grade but you won't feel the difference on normal drives.
Feel no diff between 95/98 so I always add in the injector cleaner every refuel.
It improves my mileage, can hit 10km/lt with that, that said but I am not sure of any side effects in the Long run using the injector cleaner.

If solely on 95/98,at most is only 9km/lt...most of time around high 8+
chinablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Citroenchat.com is not affiliated with CitroŽn or any other commercial company. "Citroen", its logos, and model names are registered trademarks of PSA.