CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Old 22-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #21
DaveFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinablue View Post
Hi Dave and cypamtm
Thanks,now I know that the red Color thing is the brushing.ha I was thinking why is there these red stuff there previously..
And we need to change the absorber together and How much does it costs you to change the front pair? I Guess changing this will also eliminate the squeaky sounds during rainy days as well..
Not necessary you change suspension will solve the squeak during rainy days. I changed my lower arm bushes and suspension struts. Upper arm bushes were checked and found still ok so not changed. Still have squeaking sound when it rains. You can try though. Maybe your car the sound could be coming from the strut tops.
DaveFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #22
theory_87
Regular

btw, not necessary that the sound is from the suspension. It can also be from the door seal. Try greasing the door rubber seal with silicon grease 1st.
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #23
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypantm View Post
Check your absorber top assembly bushing in engine bay. If yours look like mine then its your call to replace it or not. Unfortunately, the absorber bushing comes with complete set.
Thanks for sharing! Mine, the spongy thing broke when I touched it. But maybe can last 50k km more. What's the cost for replacing? And where did you do it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 04:30 PM   #24
theory_87
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Mine, the spongy thing broke when I touched it. But maybe can last 50k km more. What's the cost for replacing? And where did you do it?

The spongy thing is actually rubber bush. It act as a shock absorber to minimise the impact from transferring to the chassis. It came as a whole set with the hydraulic struts. Changing a pair will cost $1000+++. Usually when the strut's bushes starts to deteriorate, the life of the struts are coming to an end soon (like leaking)
Old 22-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #25
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Ah, I see. Thanks for sharing this knowledge! Any dunno whether got stocks or not. Given that hydropneumatic C5s are rare these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theory_87 View Post
The spongy thing is actually rubber bush. It act as a shock absorber to minimise the impact from transferring to the chassis. It came as a whole set with the hydraulic struts. Changing a pair will cost $1000+++. Usually when the strut's bushes starts to deteriorate, the life of the struts are coming to an end soon (like leaking)
Old 22-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #26
theory_87
Regular

Quote:
Ah, I see. Thanks for sharing this knowledge! Any dunno whether got stocks or not. Given that hydropneumatic C5s are rare these days.

You can ask your favourite workshop to order for you and let you know when the stock arrive so that you can send your c5 in to replace.
Old 22-05-2018, 07:45 PM   #27
cypantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFr View Post
Not necessary you change suspension will solve the squeak during rainy days. I changed my lower arm bushes and suspension struts. Upper arm bushes were checked and found still ok so not changed. Still have squeaking sound when it rains. You can try though. Maybe your car the sound could be coming from the strut tops.
Agreed with bro DaveFr and theory_87. It may not be suspension issue rather some hardened bushing which can't be detected visually.

Unless you get the workshop which has the hydrauric jack, greasing the area yourself is almost impossible from the way the parts which i mentioned earlier, are assembled. Greasing is a cheaper option if cost of replacing the strut assembly is your concern or your car is about to scrap. But again, unless someone had tried and it works then it is worth to try...
cypantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #28
cypantm

Quote:

Still have lah...you have to fast hand fast leg lor...Pls call the parts importer to confirm. The one i got from still have one pair in stock. Why i know cos it just cost me a big hole in my wallet.
cypantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 08:59 PM   #29
SkyC4
Connoisseur

It's still in OK condition now. I'm thinking of say, 2 or 3 years down the road... haha. Or change car. But this car is really very comfortable if well maintained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypantm View Post
Still have lah...you have to fast hand fast leg lor...Pls call the parts importer to confirm. The one i got from still have one pair in stock. Why i know cos it just cost me a big hole in my wallet.
Old 23-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #30
theory_87
Regular

Quote:
It's still in OK condition now. I'm thinking of say, 2 or 3 years down the road... haha. Or change car. But this car is really very comfortable if well maintained.

actually not to worry. Thomas told me EU had a law that requires all part to be available up till 10 years from the day the model phase out. Just that may take a longer time to obtain the parts.

And yup, the comfort of C5 is hard to beat unless you are willing to spend more than S$280k to get a E-Class or A6 with air suspension. I ever travelled in a Tesla Model S with air suspension and find that it's not as comfortable as C5. the tyre roar intrude the cabin which make it noisier than C5 even though it is free of combustion engine.

Last edited by theory_87; 23-05-2018 at 11:41 AM.