CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Old 18-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Leisure

Default Topping up power steering fluid

Hi.

Has anyone topped up the power steering/hydractive suspension fluid themselves? According to the manual, this has to be done by a workshop.

Also, where can I buy the Total LDS fluid?

Thanks!
Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
SkyC4
Connoisseur

LDS fluide can be bought from stockist Kian Hua or Trans Hua. I just got 1L for $30 excl GST. I will be topping up after changing out the hydraulic struts. Actually, for hydraactive, just have to lower the car fully. The oil should be between the min and max (visible, near the opening). Need to be a clean area. Solids and and sediments are bad for hydraulic systems. There are other ways to top up the fluid, such as depressurizing the system. But in most case, you don't need to depressurize unless if you are replacing components such as the struts. Why would you need to top up? Is there a leak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure View Post
Hi.

Has anyone topped up the power steering/hydractive suspension fluid themselves? According to the manual, this has to be done by a workshop.

Also, where can I buy the Total LDS fluid?

Thanks!
Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
Leisure

The power steering warning came on for a few seconds while I was driving today. It went off and has not come on again. Had a look in the reservoir and did not see any oil in it so just want to top up just in case.... But I did not see any min/max markings though
Old 18-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
The power steering warning came on for a few seconds while I was driving today. It went off and has not come on again. Had a look in the reservoir and did not see any oil in it so just want to top up just in case.... But I did not see any min/max markings though
Our generation C5 power steering fluid should be separate from the suspension hydraulic circuit (unlike the ones in olden days). Could it be a weak battery giving false warning prompt?

Old 18-10-2018, 10:43 PM   #5
SkyC4
Connoisseur

See this link. There are some images to show the max min marks. The fluid should be there after you fully lower the car. https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v...ic.php?t=56238

Quote:
Old 18-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #6
Leisure

Thanks SkyC4! Great info.