CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
voyager
Capitaine
 
voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,414
Default

hello vinzbiz,

as bigdaddy says, no need to worry about the 'rest' over-taxing the battery. it will be overridden by the Economy Mode no matter what :-)

i am not sure how accurate the information you were told is, regarding the fact that factory-fitted reverse sensors can have their volume adjusted. i have not come across a feature in the several cars i have owned (admittedly of course i do not own a GC4P).

finally, vinzbiz, regarding the incoming SMS catching us unawares, i have noticed this problem too on my present setup (iPhone 4S paired with Jawbone bluetooth headset (my car does not have bluetooth)). what happens is there is a lag to activate the buzzer in the Jawbone headset, so the incoming beep from the phone never makes it to the headset. i am not sure if this is similar to what might be happening on your end.

snowman-picasso,

there should DEFINITELY be some kind of manual headlamp-height adjustment knob. it will be a thumbwheel. more accurately, it does not so much as adjust the height of the headlamp, but the throw. this feature is mandated by the EU (so as to prevent oncoming glare in situations where the car is heavily laden). only cars with xenons do not have a manual adjustment knob (i can't be sure if your car has xenons).
__________________
2003 C5 2.0
2005 C4 1.6 (dad's)
2006 C5 2.0
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
mykchuen
Connoisseur
 
mykchuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Simei
Posts: 596
Default

i think the headlamp adjustment control is not available for xenon headlamp, right?
mykchuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
vinzbiz
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
hello vinzbiz,

i am not sure how accurate the information you were told is, regarding the fact that factory-fitted reverse sensors can have their volume adjusted. i have not come across a feature in the several cars i have owned (admittedly of course i do not own a GC4P).
Hi voyager,

Thanks for correcting me. I re-checked the function of that button and can confirm that it only turns on/off the reverse sensor beeps. It does not adjust the volume. My apologies for the wrong information.
__________________
Nissan Sunny MT
Citroen GC4P
vinzbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
snowman-picasso
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
hello vinzbiz,

as bigdaddy says, no need to worry about the 'rest' over-taxing the battery. it will be overridden by the Economy Mode no matter what :-)

i am not sure how accurate the information you were told is, regarding the fact that factory-fitted reverse sensors can have their volume adjusted. i have not come across a feature in the several cars i have owned (admittedly of course i do not own a GC4P).

finally, vinzbiz, regarding the incoming SMS catching us unawares, i have noticed this problem too on my present setup (iPhone 4S paired with Jawbone bluetooth headset (my car does not have bluetooth)). what happens is there is a lag to activate the buzzer in the Jawbone headset, so the incoming beep from the phone never makes it to the headset. i am not sure if this is similar to what might be happening on your end.

snowman-picasso,

there should DEFINITELY be some kind of manual headlamp-height adjustment knob. it will be a thumbwheel. more accurately, it does not so much as adjust the height of the headlamp, but the throw. this feature is mandated by the EU (so as to prevent oncoming glare in situations where the car is heavily laden). only cars with xenons do not have a manual adjustment knob (i can't be sure if your car has xenons).
hi bro

ok..let me go search for it..it's locate at right side, below air-con ?..hmm..keke
__________________
Suzuki Swift : 2 yrs
Mitsubishi Lancer : 5 yrs
Hyundai Tucson : 7 yrs
Citroen GC4P : Current
snowman-picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
voyager
Capitaine
 
voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,414
Default

hello mykchuen :-)

yes you're correct :-)

this is because for the xenon headlamps, the leveling system is built into the headlamp unit itself - i.e., the xenon bulbs are housed in self-levelling motorized mechanisms.
__________________
2003 C5 2.0
2005 C4 1.6 (dad's)
2006 C5 2.0
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #16
popofinfin
Connoisseur
 
popofinfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzbiz View Post
Hi voyager,

Thanks for correcting me. I re-checked the function of that button and can confirm that it only turns on/off the reverse sensor beeps. It does not adjust the volume. My apologies for the wrong information.
Bro, maybe u can take pics and show how the button kook like coz I cannot find maybe need Bro Bravooc10 to do my eyes liao
__________________
1999: Mitsubishi Mirage (CE'ALEpillo) 1.5L Manual
2009: Hyundai i30CW 1.6L Auto
2011: Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6L Turbo Semi-Auto
popofinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
vinzbiz
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popofinfin View Post
Bro, maybe u can take pics and show how the button kook like coz I cannot find maybe need Bro Bravooc10 to do my eyes liao
Here you go, popofinfin

__________________
Nissan Sunny MT
Citroen GC4P
vinzbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #18
Ram Ram
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 844
Default

vinbiz, can't view the photo leh...
Ram Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
EllaEmma
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SengKang
Posts: 59
Default

So envy seeing the brand new control panel...

Look at mine... *shake head* hahahahha
EllaEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #20
popofinfin
Connoisseur
 
popofinfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzbiz View Post
Here you go, popofinfin

Thanks Bro, but I think yours is a later model than mine coz I don't recall having that button near the pump button. Mine is May2011 batch.
Guess I have to put mufflers for my baby each time I reverse my car or get her to get before I park
__________________
1999: Mitsubishi Mirage (CE'ALEpillo) 1.5L Manual
2009: Hyundai i30CW 1.6L Auto
2011: Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6L Turbo Semi-Auto
popofinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Citroenchat.com is not affiliated with CitroŽn or any other commercial company. "Citroen", its logos, and model names are registered trademarks of PSA.