CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 24-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #21
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Just curious. Which is the 3rd WS? Also, which WS advised to change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taihighland View Post
Thank you SkyC4,
After this first taste of a French lady, extending the COE was always on my mind. Hee.

But the brain need to cool down the heart from being too emotional.

One WS informed that the damage to the distributor will be next if the stepper motor is not repair or replace. Is there a distributor connect the stepper motor?

While the other two WS feedback is costly to identify the root cause and advise to live with it. Anyway, the air-con is still working fine except for the delay in activation.

As I got it a a steal of >$5k depreciation / year, I had some margin to increase the cost if COE is to extend. Hope to hear more experience view and make an informed decision myself
Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #22
Taihighland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Just curious. Which is the 3rd WS? Also, which WS advised to change?

Antz advise the change and highlighted the impact.

T&P advise to live with it.

Wee Hoe advise to live with it. Offer to repair it in a half day job. ( I used to go to them for a $20 labor charge + filter engine oil change for my Camry)
Taihighland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #23
SkyC4
Connoisseur

I suspected Antz asked you to change (but I didn't want to jump the gun). I think you can monitor a bit, and since the depre is low, and the car is serving you well nearing the end of COE, then consider refurbishing it. TnP boss Thomas drives the same model I believe. So I'm sure he knows.
Quote:
Antz advise the change and highlighted the impact.

T&P advise to live with it.

Wee Hoe advise to live with it. Offer to repair it in a half day job. ( I used to go to them for a $20 labor charge + filter engine oil change for my Camry)
Old 24-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #24
Taihighland

SKyC4, You know them so well . is Thomas the tall guy?

I read about the HVAC system and I assumed the sound should be from between the flap and flap actuator (stepper motor). The plastic gear is worn and not able to engage properly therefore the 'tuk tuk' sound. Once the gear is engage, the system check confirm everything are in place, aircon blower can start.

Senior experience sharing are welcome

https://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/behind_t...e-hvac-systems
Old 24-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #25
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Yup. Thomas is the tall (more senior) guy. He's in his seventies. Another experienced hand in CitroŽn / Peugeot (they've all driven CitroŽn and/or Peugeot at some points in their lives) is AMK Auto point level 4 (Body fix). Micheal is there (he used to be working at TnP). Mike's workshop is one of the messiest and he doesn't speak much. But once you get to know him better, nice chap.
Quote:
SKyC4, You know them so well . is Thomas the tall guy?

I read about the HVAC system and I assumed the sound should be from between the flap and flap actuator (stepper motor). The plastic gear is worn and not able to engage properly therefore the 'tuk tuk' sound. Once the gear is engage, the system check confirm everything are in place, aircon blower can start.

Senior experience sharing are welcome

https://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/behind_t...e-hvac-systems
Old 24-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #26
Taihighland

therefore, knowing which WS to take care of our Citroen car will eliminate the very stereotyping concern of owning a Conti car.
Next is the $$$ only but this will be lower once the WS are identified.

Is this assumption true?
Old 24-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #27
SkyC4
Connoisseur

I have owned 3 second hand CitroŽns and due to poor public perception of French cars in particular, the depre is quite low. Of course there will be repairs here and there to be done on second hand cars, and yes you are right. At the right WS, the $ you spend on those repairs can be less than the higher depre of popular (supposedly more reliable) Asian cars.

Hope this Picasso serves you well. If it's the 5 seater, I love the zigzag side window lines.
Quote:
therefore, knowing which WS to take care of our Citroen car will eliminate the very stereotyping concern of owning a Conti car.
Next is the $$$ only but this will be lower once the WS are identified.

Is this assumption true?
Old 24-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #28
theory_87
Regular

I suggest to live with it and monitor if there are any other (unrelated) problems that may popup before deciding on you should renew the coe or not.
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #29
Taihighland

did not notice the 7 seater is a straight window line till you mention it.

Yes, mine is a 5 seater in blue color.

Hi theory_87, I will live with it and yes, the aircon circulation control is out-of-control too.
I get cold aircon blowing on my legs during the 1st week of driving. I cover the opening in order to drive safely without cold feet!!
Do you encounter this problem and any countermeasure recommendation?
Old 24-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #30
CougarGTR

Quote:
did not notice the 7 seater is a straight window line till you mention it.

Yes, mine is a 5 seater in blue color.

Hi theory_87, I will live with it and yes, the aircon circulation control is out-of-control too.
I get cold aircon blowing on my legs during the 1st week of driving. I cover the opening in order to drive safely without cold feet!!
Do you encounter this problem and any countermeasure recommendation?
Not a difficult fix if you are willing to live without climate control.

The output control is likely caused by either a jammed servo motor or broken shaft on the right side of the evaporator housing. If jammed servo, can service it as they are built to last. If broken shaft, u got an option yo either replace it or jam it to your preferred selection.

For the rear ac control, you can jam the 2 flaps to max coldness. The control shaft breaks easily and cost less than $50 from C&C. Got stock or not, is another matter.

All the above can diy easily.
CougarGTR is offline   Reply With Quote