CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 12-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #31
vincenttanpt
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yap18 View Post
I see, I just did the clutch replacement and thinking shld I do the timing chain and tensioner replacement..
I changed because hearing rattling sound during initial drive $920 before G at Antz. Think originally $980, he gave me discount because I did the change of turbo dump valve at the same time.

Teo did suggest timing chain replace soon. Longer it drags it will spoil more parts stuffs (heard he said camshaft). Then that will be engine overhaul liao. That's why I changed since this is consider wear and tear item which I have never changed before.

Vincent

/---------------------
2000 Nissan Pulsar
2003 Renault Kangoo
2005 Hyundai Matrix
2011 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso!
vincenttanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #32
Kwinsee

Just share my experience as I encountered the same alert msg last month when I on the way back from malaysia with my family, I was really scared of the alert as my family is on the car and I was on the high way at the time, anyway, there is no other symptom indicates the car got issue, btw, my car is of grand c4 picasso in petrol 2011 model, and a day before, my car was accidentally pumped in a little bit diesel (< 1L) and I didn't take too much attention for the bit of diesel and continue to pump petrol to full tank, I suspected the alert message is with the mix of diezel thing, after parked at a rest point I called my friend who is familiar with car things, he told me it's generic message, also suspect it's due to the diesel, try drive slowly if no workshop nearby, in the end, I spent 10hrs to drive to muar, and drove back to sg the next morning safely, thanks god, what a hard journey!

Then i went to antz, he scanned my car computer and say there is message "turbo pressure too low", and immediately asked me to change turbo which costs 2400, not including gst.

I was shocked as I just received this car 3mths ago, i think i was still covered by lemon law so I check back the car dealer, the dealer ask me to go to his workshop optima alan to do a check first, at optima, a mechanic scanned my car with a computer, then he hang up my car and did some checkings, less then 5mins he said it'd done, I checked no more alert msg and asked him what did he do, he said just some pipe loosen and he plug it back then ok liao, that's it, I asked the man in charge, also was told the same thing, and said any issue just come back. I told the guy I checked in other workshop and was told the turbo need replace, and he asked me back did they hang up your car to check, I have nothing to answer. So I drove away with no cost, till now there no more alert and seems everything is fine.

The lesson learnt, don't be panic when you see the msg, do your own judgement first, better go get a obd adapter and install some diagnosis app on your smart phone, which helps you to tell how bad is the situation, i just installed an obd adapter on my car few days ago. secondly, check other workshops and compare, which may save your cost, a lot
Kwinsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #33
voyager
Capitaine

Kwinsee,

thank you for taking time to share with us in such detail.

thank you for continuing to post and contribute.

:-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 08:22 AM   #34
bolster

Hi guys,

i encounter familiar problem. When i start the car in the morning, i notice that the RPM fluctuate from 820 to 1000, and it started to vibrate vigorously and the engine sign appear.

Surprisingly, when you start the car again, it will be fine. it will be stable at 950 RPM. After that, no vibration and the car move off very smooth.

When driving to the workshop, the car seen to be perfectly fine. The mechanic can't find any problem.

What could be the problem?
bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #35
theory_87
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolster View Post
Hi guys,

i encounter familiar problem. When i start the car in the morning, i notice that the RPM fluctuate from 820 to 1000, and it started to vibrate vigorously and the engine sign appear.

Surprisingly, when you start the car again, it will be fine. it will be stable at 950 RPM. After that, no vibration and the car move off very smooth.

When driving to the workshop, the car seen to be perfectly fine. The mechanic can't find any problem.

What could be the problem?
1.6thp ep6dt engine? Guess your high pressure fuel pump about to die.
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #36
bolster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theory_87 View Post
1.6thp ep6dt engine? Guess your high pressure fuel pump about to die.
May i know the cost of changing the HPFP?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #37
bolster

Anyone knows where to buy Citroen spare recondition parts?