CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 11-05-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
Kwinsee

Default Boot trim loose issue

The boot trim of my c4gp is loose, the handle still working, think just one of the fittings is gone, today I went to workshop to check, he said to replace it cost 360, I think it's too expensive for such small piece trim.

Wondering anyone got similar issue? and how much cost you to fix it?
Kwinsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
CougarGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinsee View Post
The boot trim of my c4gp is loose, the handle still working, think just one of the fittings is gone, today I went to workshop to check, he said to replace it cost 360, I think it's too expensive for such small piece trim.

Wondering anyone got similar issue? and how much cost you to fix it?
Which part are you having trouble with?

If I remember correctly... The interior black plastic trims are made of 2 parts. Upper portion is held with metal clips, hog rings and latches to the bottom portion. Lower portion is held with hog rings and screws. Do take note that the latches are weak and the material wears with repeated disassembly/assembly.

For the external chrome trim (where the opening switch is located), it's held with nuts and hog rings.

The hog rings used by the boot trim is different from those used by the door card. Still searching for them as I have broke quite a few of them.

Even with worn out latch, lost hog rings and metal clips, the black plastic trims should not be loose.
CougarGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
Kwinsee

Hi CougarGTR, thanks for your so detailed info, I think my issue is with the hog rings, it's broken, my friend say try to help me to use glue to fix it first, haven't done yet.
Kwinsee is offline   Reply With Quote