CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Cactus

Old 05-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
event_horizon

Default Replacing Timing Belt

CnC recommended replacement at 70000km/3.5years for my 2015 model.

In UK the intervals are below. I understand that we are under different climate conditions but are we really "over-servicing" the cars?

event_horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by event_horizon View Post
CnC recommended replacement at 70000km/3.5years for my 2015 model.

In UK the intervals are below. I understand that we are under different climate conditions but are we really "over-servicing" the cars?

Over servicing is a good way to make more $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #3
theory_87
Regular

i will say just change for precaution. You will not want the belt snap and destroy your engine. Mini recommend their r56 MCS to change oil every 15,000miles. lots of people followed and end up having their engine destroyed when they found that there is no engine oil left and/or the timing chain snapped.
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Ciki80

Due for servicing next week. 1st time going to CnC for servicing. With milleage at 68k, is it due for timing belt change? Anyone knows how the cost like servicing at CnC?
Ciki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciki80 View Post
Due for servicing next week. 1st time going to CnC for servicing. With milleage at 68k, is it due for timing belt change? Anyone knows how the cost like servicing at CnC?

Did you just bought a 2nd hand citroen? Servicing there typically cost more and take long time

Old 13-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
Ciki80

Yup, 2nd month into my 2nd hand cactus. Now due for servicing. Have my own workshop outside, but thought of gg CnC for servicing to retrieve past records and also to know about the warranty coverage.

Typically what's the cost like? And necessary to change the timing belt at 70k?
Old 14-10-2018, 12:29 AM   #7
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yup, 2nd month into my 2nd hand cactus. Now due for servicing. Have my own workshop outside, but thought of gg CnC for servicing to retrieve past records and also to know about the warranty coverage.

Typically what's the cost like? And necessary to change the timing belt at 70k?

Your car still less then 3 years? Or your warranty is 5 years.

To get an idea how much it will cost. Just dial them to tell them your car plate number. Tell them you plan to come in for 70k km servicing and ask them roughly how much. No harm asking your outside workshop to give you a rough quote too

As a rule of thumb, their price typically will be at least 30% higher then your outside workshop.

Old 14-10-2018, 01:41 AM   #8
Ciki80

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Your car still less then 3 years? Or your warranty is 5 years.

To get an idea how much it will cost. Just dial them to tell them your car plate number. Tell them you plan to come in for 70k km servicing and ask them roughly how much. No harm asking your outside workshop to give you a rough quote too

As a rule of thumb, their price typically will be at least 30% higher then your outside workshop.

My car is just over 3 years. Still under the 5 years warranty according to car dealer when I buy. Any difference in the servicing if still under warranty?

Shall call up and enquire about the servicing costs then.
Old 14-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #9
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Will be abt $1300-1500. Outside will be abt half. But your own outside workhop know how to handle the 1.2 L puretech engine? It's quite "new"
Quote:
My car is just over 3 years. Still under the 5 years warranty according to car dealer when I buy. Any difference in the servicing if still under warranty?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #10
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:

The new law allow motorist to do servicing outside without the fear of warranty void. But of cause in the event u need to do warranty claim, They will likely ask you to explain & show proof that your outside workshop did not cause the fault.

Regardless eventually where u do servicing, you should alsways pop by C&C to update them u are the new owner so that in the event of recall by citroen HQ, they can send the love note to you to bring back your car.

Incidentally, your regular workshop hopefully really know & have real experience servicing a citroen car otherwise will not be a good idea. Very few ppl on this island actually know how to troubleshoot/service/repair this car. Very few ppl = maybe less than 5 pax.

Happy motoring.