CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Cactus

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
event_horizon
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 82
Default Replacing Timing Belt

CnC recommended replacement at 70000km/3.5years for my 2015 model.

In UK the intervals are below. I understand that we are under different climate conditions but are we really "over-servicing" the cars?

event_horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by event_horizon View Post
CnC recommended replacement at 70000km/3.5years for my 2015 model.



In UK the intervals are below. I understand that we are under different climate conditions but are we really "over-servicing" the cars?





Over servicing is a good way to make more $$



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #3
theory_87
Regular
 
theory_87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 388
Default

i will say just change for precaution. You will not want the belt snap and destroy your engine. Mini recommend their r56 MCS to change oil every 15,000miles. lots of people followed and end up having their engine destroyed when they found that there is no engine oil left and/or the timing chain snapped.
__________________
2006 - Hyundai Avante (Maroon)
2010 - Citroen C4 Picasso 5 Seater 1.6THP (Black)
2012 - Citroen C5 Exclusive 1.6THP (White)
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Ciki80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 20
Default

Due for servicing next week. 1st time going to CnC for servicing. With milleage at 68k, is it due for timing belt change? Anyone knows how the cost like servicing at CnC?
Ciki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciki80 View Post
Due for servicing next week. 1st time going to CnC for servicing. With milleage at 68k, is it due for timing belt change? Anyone knows how the cost like servicing at CnC?


Did you just bought a 2nd hand citroen? Servicing there typically cost more and take long time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
Ciki80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 20
Default

Yup, 2nd month into my 2nd hand cactus. Now due for servicing. Have my own workshop outside, but thought of gg CnC for servicing to retrieve past records and also to know about the warranty coverage.

Typically what's the cost like? And necessary to change the timing belt at 70k?
Ciki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 12:29 AM   #7
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciki80 View Post
Yup, 2nd month into my 2nd hand cactus. Now due for servicing. Have my own workshop outside, but thought of gg CnC for servicing to retrieve past records and also to know about the warranty coverage.



Typically what's the cost like? And necessary to change the timing belt at 70k?


Your car still less then 3 years? Or your warranty is 5 years.

To get an idea how much it will cost. Just dial them to tell them your car plate number. Tell them you plan to come in for 70k km servicing and ask them roughly how much. No harm asking your outside workshop to give you a rough quote too

As a rule of thumb, their price typically will be at least 30% higher then your outside workshop.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 01:41 AM   #8
Ciki80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Your car still less then 3 years? Or your warranty is 5 years.

To get an idea how much it will cost. Just dial them to tell them your car plate number. Tell them you plan to come in for 70k km servicing and ask them roughly how much. No harm asking your outside workshop to give you a rough quote too

As a rule of thumb, their price typically will be at least 30% higher then your outside workshop.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My car is just over 3 years. Still under the 5 years warranty according to car dealer when I buy. Any difference in the servicing if still under warranty?

Shall call up and enquire about the servicing costs then.
Ciki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #9
SkyC4
Connoisseur
 
SkyC4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 872
Default

Will be abt $1300-1500. Outside will be abt half. But your own outside workhop know how to handle the 1.2 L puretech engine? It's quite "new"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciki80 View Post
My car is just over 3 years. Still under the 5 years warranty according to car dealer when I buy. Any difference in the servicing if still under warranty?

Shall call up and enquire about the servicing costs then.
Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #10
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciki80 View Post
My car is just over 3 years. Still under the 5 years warranty according to car dealer when I buy. Any difference in the servicing if still under warranty?



Shall call up and enquire about the servicing costs then.


The new law allow motorist to do servicing outside without the fear of warranty void. But of cause in the event u need to do warranty claim, They will likely ask you to explain & show proof that your outside workshop did not cause the fault.

Regardless eventually where u do servicing, you should alsways pop by C&C to update them u are the new owner so that in the event of recall by citroen HQ, they can send the love note to you to bring back your car.

Incidentally, your regular workshop hopefully really know & have real experience servicing a citroen car otherwise will not be a good idea. Very few ppl on this island actually know how to troubleshoot/service/repair this car. Very few ppl = maybe less than 5 pax.

Happy motoring.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Citroenchat.com is not affiliated with CitroŽn or any other commercial company. "Citroen", its logos, and model names are registered trademarks of PSA.