CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Old 12-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #11
DaveFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by theory_87 View Post
I'm thinking of getting rubber hose and let the seafoam flow behind the MAF. I usually seafoam prior to the servicing.
Where you get the seafoam? Very hard to find in Sg. I prefer the spray type. Got the thin nozzle. Can squeeze in the intake pipe after the MAF and keep spraying. Must remove air filter or not? Later soaked in seafoam.
DaveFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #12
theory_87
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFr View Post
Where you get the seafoam? Very hard to find in Sg. I prefer the spray type. Got the thin nozzle. Can squeeze in the intake pipe after the MAF and keep spraying. Must remove air filter or not? Later soaked in seafoam.
Amazon. You can get AMSOIL Power Foam instead. Those thin nozzle spray are usually aerosol so if very hard to order online and ship to Singapore.

No need to remove air filter. It's not in the chain. Air filter is connected to the turbo side and not the intake valve side.
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #13
DaveFr

Quote:
Amazon. You can get AMSOIL Power Foam instead. Those thin nozzle spray are usually aerosol so if very hard to order online and ship to Singapore.

No need to remove air filter. It's not in the chain. Air filter is connected to the turbo side and not the intake valve side.
Thanks bro. Yup just realised that air filter is on other end.
I am trying to see if can get any other type of cleaner in SG itself. Spray type more convenient.

Getting worried as last week car started misfiring on cyl 2. Went to Micheal and he diagnosed injector clogged. I decided to change all four. When i saw the injectors they were quite badly coated in carbon. Think must regularly start running injector cleaner thru the fuel system as well.

Also been doing some reading up and have tried doing the "italian tune-up" during my drive to work.

Ahhhh the bane of driving direct injection engine cars....
Old 13-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #14
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks bro. Yup just realised that air filter is on other end.
I am trying to see if can get any other type of cleaner in SG itself. Spray type more convenient.

Getting worried as last week car started misfiring on cyl 2. Went to Micheal and he diagnosed injector clogged. I decided to change all four. When i saw the injectors they were quite badly coated in carbon. Think must regularly start running injector cleaner thru the fuel system as well.

Also been doing some reading up and have tried doing the "italian tune-up" during my drive to work.

Ahhhh the bane of driving direct injection engine cars....
I've always enjoyed using Redline SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner. Immediately the C5 becomes smoother.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 11:05 AM   #15
DaveFr

Smile

Can anyone confirm the location of C5 MAF sensor? The official document from citroen to clean is stating spray thru the intake duct going into throttle body. But i am worried will foul the MAF. Cant seem to find the MAF sensor though. Anyone can point me in the correct direction? Also, is it a MAF or MAP sensor on our rides?

I have bought 2 can of CRC Intake Valve cleaner to try.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #16
theory_87
Regular

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the location of C5 MAF sensor? The official document from citroen to clean is stating spray thru the intake duct going into throttle body. But i am worried will foul the MAF. Cant seem to find the MAF sensor though. Anyone can point me in the correct direction? Also, is it a MAF or MAP sensor on our rides?

I have bought 2 can of CRC Intake Valve cleaner to try.
where you bought it?

The MAF is on the left intake hose from the radiator to the back of the engine. you should see there is a cable connection on it.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #17
DaveFr

Quote:
where you bought it?

The MAF is on the left intake hose from the radiator to the back of the engine. you should see there is a cable connection on it.
I bought off carousell bro. Alot of good reviews online abt this product so decided to try.

The intake hose i can see one connector at the top before it goes to the back of the engine. Is it that one? I cannot find any other connector further downstream before the throttle body. I try to fing online cannot get any confirmation if our C5 is Map sensor or Maf sensor.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #18
theory_87
Regular

Yup, that is the one
Old 04-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #19
DaveFr

Quote:
Yup, that is the one
Thanks bro. So i spray after that so as not to foul the sensor.