CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > General Topics > General Discussions (not model specific)

Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
garrett09
Regular

actualy i am quite happi...tat it happens locally, just took me 2 hr to find a battery shop that opens today..went stamford tyre and realised they close today (suspect is PH, they suppose open sunday), then autobac and then southern tyre...

good to roar into the new year!
garrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett09 View Post
guess what? my car was battery flat this morning....just came back malaysia last nite and this morning start my engine..cannot start!!!

thank God it didnt happen when my family was up north....

anyway managed to jump start and change the battery for C4Gp veri ex...got a varta battery 750mAh for 295 from southern tyre (opp 10mile junction)!!!!

and more importantly i called the tel for 24hr C&C citroen assistance, they told me no battery for C4GP!! told me get back tmr? so i drive what? anyway my car was serviced on 10 dec and i specifacally told them check the battery.... and was told "OK"!
Hi bro,

I believe your batt is a maintenance free batt. For such battery, veri common is sudden death without much tell tale sign de. I am veri veri suprise that citroen assistance actually tell you they dun have battery? Batt should be consider a veri veri common spare item that i would expect them to keep in stock. hmm hmm
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #13
garrett09
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Hi bro,

I believe your batt is a maintenance free batt. For such battery, veri common is sudden death without much tell tale sign de. I am veri veri suprise that citroen assistance actually tell you they dun have battery? Batt should be consider a veri veri common spare item that i would expect them to keep in stock. hmm hmm
yes matt-free, varta brand...

i called and was told by the person they are just partner workshop and today being sunday/PH, so the citroen workshop closes.....then told me they have C4P batt but not C4GP (apparently is of higher capacity i assume)....then i ask for spec they told me can be found on the car battery itself (which i was like unless i open up the bonnet,fuse casing, plastic cover and something else then i can see the battery..for all C4GP carowner, try looking at yr car battery and u realised its a little difficult to access it, i had trouble initially locating the negative terminal (but i didnt use that since i jump start the cable need to be grounded)).
garrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
hons

Quote:

i called and was told by the person they are just partner workshop and today being sunday/PH, so the citroen workshop closes.....then told me they have C4P batt but not C4GP (apparently is of higher capacity i assume)....then i ask for spec they told me can be found on the car battery itself (which i was like unless i open up the bonnet,fuse casing, plastic cover and something else then i can see the battery..for all C4GP carowner, try looking at yr car battery and u realised its a little difficult to access it, i had trouble initially locating the negative terminal (but i didnt use that since i jump start the cable need to be grounded)).
Yes, for C4GP, the negative terminal is hidden right inside and very hard to access. However, you will notice another grounding point in the front, somewhere to the right of the bonnet lever.
hons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #15
nextreal
Avant-garde

Quote:
and more importantly i called the tel for 24hr C&C citroen assistance, they told me no battery for C4GP!! told me get back tmr? so i drive what? anyway my car was serviced on 10 dec and i specifacally told them check the battery.... and was told "OK"!
Another good reason to join AAS. According to the tow truck driver I've activated before, he and all the AAS tow truck drivers were trained specifically on Citroen cars (and other european cars). He was describing to me on how the car can be towed given the electronic brake.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #16
voyager
Capitaine

yes,

i second that (the part about the training).

i had a conversation with an AA tow truck driver two years ago (i think) and he was also telling me the procedure with which to tow a GC4P (with the brake).
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:

Hi bro,

I believe all that you say BUT frankly, the response you get from them is absolutely disappointing, unprofessional & as usual, totalli cmi.
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #18
timmz
Connoisseur

just to check my understanding on how to disarm the e-parking brake : for towing and such scenarios....
1) turn the engine off normally and let the parking brake engage.
2) turn the key 1 notch - the 'on' position but not starting the engine
3) pull the parking brake lever to disengage the brake.
4) turn off the power and remove the key.

Is this correct?
timmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #19
wildfaye29
Advocate

Hi guys, tagging on this old topic.

My friend driving a Citroen will be gg on a road trip to west Malaysia. Does not have any AAS membership.

Just want check, in case of emergency and need to tow, any contact to call?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
wildfaye29 is offline   Reply With Quote