CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > General Topics > General Discussions (not model specific)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
garrett09
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 226
Default

actualy i am quite happi...tat it happens locally, just took me 2 hr to find a battery shop that opens today..went stamford tyre and realised they close today (suspect is PH, they suppose open sunday), then autobac and then southern tyre...

good to roar into the new year!
garrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett09 View Post
guess what? my car was battery flat this morning....just came back malaysia last nite and this morning start my engine..cannot start!!!

thank God it didnt happen when my family was up north....

anyway managed to jump start and change the battery for C4Gp veri ex...got a varta battery 750mAh for 295 from southern tyre (opp 10mile junction)!!!!

and more importantly i called the tel for 24hr C&C citroen assistance, they told me no battery for C4GP!! told me get back tmr? so i drive what? anyway my car was serviced on 10 dec and i specifacally told them check the battery.... and was told "OK"!
Hi bro,

I believe your batt is a maintenance free batt. For such battery, veri common is sudden death without much tell tale sign de. I am veri veri suprise that citroen assistance actually tell you they dun have battery? Batt should be consider a veri veri common spare item that i would expect them to keep in stock. hmm hmm
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #13
garrett09
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Hi bro,

I believe your batt is a maintenance free batt. For such battery, veri common is sudden death without much tell tale sign de. I am veri veri suprise that citroen assistance actually tell you they dun have battery? Batt should be consider a veri veri common spare item that i would expect them to keep in stock. hmm hmm
yes matt-free, varta brand...

i called and was told by the person they are just partner workshop and today being sunday/PH, so the citroen workshop closes.....then told me they have C4P batt but not C4GP (apparently is of higher capacity i assume)....then i ask for spec they told me can be found on the car battery itself (which i was like unless i open up the bonnet,fuse casing, plastic cover and something else then i can see the battery..for all C4GP carowner, try looking at yr car battery and u realised its a little difficult to access it, i had trouble initially locating the negative terminal (but i didnt use that since i jump start the cable need to be grounded)).
garrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
hons
Senior Member
 
hons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett09 View Post
yes matt-free, varta brand...

i called and was told by the person they are just partner workshop and today being sunday/PH, so the citroen workshop closes.....then told me they have C4P batt but not C4GP (apparently is of higher capacity i assume)....then i ask for spec they told me can be found on the car battery itself (which i was like unless i open up the bonnet,fuse casing, plastic cover and something else then i can see the battery..for all C4GP carowner, try looking at yr car battery and u realised its a little difficult to access it, i had trouble initially locating the negative terminal (but i didnt use that since i jump start the cable need to be grounded)).
Yes, for C4GP, the negative terminal is hidden right inside and very hard to access. However, you will notice another grounding point in the front, somewhere to the right of the bonnet lever.
hons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #15
nextreal
Avant-garde
 
nextreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 2,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett09 View Post
and more importantly i called the tel for 24hr C&C citroen assistance, they told me no battery for C4GP!! told me get back tmr? so i drive what? anyway my car was serviced on 10 dec and i specifacally told them check the battery.... and was told "OK"!
Another good reason to join AAS. According to the tow truck driver I've activated before, he and all the AAS tow truck drivers were trained specifically on Citroen cars (and other european cars). He was describing to me on how the car can be towed given the electronic brake.
__________________
Colin Goh - nextrealgoh@gmail.com
nextreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #16
voyager
Capitaine
 
voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,425
Default

yes,

i second that (the part about the training).

i had a conversation with an AA tow truck driver two years ago (i think) and he was also telling me the procedure with which to tow a GC4P (with the brake).
__________________
2003 C5 2.0
2005 C4 1.6 (dad's)
2006 C5 2.0
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett09 View Post
yes matt-free, varta brand...

i called and was told by the person they are just partner workshop and today being sunday/PH, so the citroen workshop closes.....then told me they have C4P batt but not C4GP (apparently is of higher capacity i assume)....then i ask for spec they told me can be found on the car battery itself (which i was like unless i open up the bonnet,fuse casing, plastic cover and something else then i can see the battery..for all C4GP carowner, try looking at yr car battery and u realised its a little difficult to access it, i had trouble initially locating the negative terminal (but i didnt use that since i jump start the cable need to be grounded)).
Hi bro,

I believe all that you say BUT frankly, the response you get from them is absolutely disappointing, unprofessional & as usual, totalli cmi.
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #18
timmz
Connoisseur
 
timmz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 721
Default

just to check my understanding on how to disarm the e-parking brake : for towing and such scenarios....
1) turn the engine off normally and let the parking brake engage.
2) turn the key 1 notch - the 'on' position but not starting the engine
3) pull the parking brake lever to disengage the brake.
4) turn off the power and remove the key.

Is this correct?
timmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #19
wildfaye29
Advocate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,365
Default

Hi guys, tagging on this old topic.

My friend driving a Citroen will be gg on a road trip to west Malaysia. Does not have any AAS membership.

Just want check, in case of emergency and need to tow, any contact to call?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
wildfaye29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Citroenchat.com is not affiliated with CitroŽn or any other commercial company. "Citroen", its logos, and model names are registered trademarks of PSA.