CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > General Topics > General Discussions (not model specific)

Old 26-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
WhiteC4HB
Regular

Default No new Citroen for me?

My C4HB is nearly 7 years old. Although in tip-top condition, I've been casually looking for a replacement. I know C&C don't bring in the C5 nor the C6 for a while now, so I have been looking at other marques instead. However, I really enjoy owning my C4, and feel that my next car should be another Citroen.

So I'm surprised to see what C&C have to offer:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/ne...hp?MOD=Citroen

I never liked the current C4HB's boring looks so that's out. The Cactus is too toyish for an old man like me. I also prefer a car with more power. 81bhp is just so 1980s.

Diesel is not for me either. My 7 years old C4 has clocked just 35,000km. Once a month I pump $60 worth of gas at SPC. I'm quite sure the savings on diesel doesn't cover the premium over diesel road tax for me.

Oops, that leaves me with just the Grand C4 Picasso. It's big & nice, but I don't want an MPV.

Oh oh, no Citroen for me. Let's see if there's any DS instead.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/ne...ing.php?MOD=DS

No diesel for me…, so my only choice is the No. 3 cabriolet. Yes yes yes! I've been wanting a cabriolet, but not the No. 3. I'd prefer the VW Beetle Cabriolet for it size and rear visibility with the top-down. It actually cost less to buy too!

C'mon C&C! Bring in real cars for me. Stock the C5 (especially the Tourer!) and the gorgeous DS's No. 5 that runs on Petrol! I bet lots of people would love the C1 and variants of C3 too.
Old 26-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
voyager
Capitaine

give the Cactus a fair go :-)

if you spec it in the right colours, it can be pretty sober, and you'll benefit from the slightly higher ride height, the (much) better front-/rear-axle balance (than any other locally available CitroŽn), and the supple ride from the low spring rate.

the (lack of) power is not as much of a problem (since the weight is so low); it is more that the lack of torque needs some forward planning.

and the three-cylinder is revvable in a way that a four cylinder can't :-)

a Cactus would be much more pleasurable (and predictable) through a variable camber curve than a convertible (which is by definition is torsionally not rigid and would suffer from the weight penalty of needing to have structural reinforcements).

give the Cactus a fair go :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
WhiteC4HB
Regular

Hi Ken

I tried. Sometime in the middle of last year I seriously looked at the Cactus. Sadly, as much as I appreciate all its weight-savings and other innovative design features, it's just too toy-ish for me. I admit I didn't bother to test-drive it, so I don't know how it performs on the road. The sad fact it's over-priced, compared to the C4HB, and especially the usually premium pricing of Peugeot cars, didn't help.

For now I can only hope C&C bring in more Citroen and DS. From its current small line up and premium pricing, it gives me the impression C&C has lost interest in promoting the marques.

Old 27-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
voyager
Capitaine

(at your leisure)

try driving it :-)

it's really well screwed together, the high-profile tyres contribute to the soft ride, and everything adds up to pliancy, neutral handling, and a confidence to plow on come what may because it feels it can take whatever the road throws at it (more than any other CitroŽn / DS).

keep the momentum up and see how you respond to the car.

(at your leisure)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
WhiteC4HB
Regular

Thanks Ken. I'll arrange for that the next time I send my C4HB in for servicing.

Cheers!