CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > General Topics > General Discussions (not model specific)

Old 25-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #21
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
Should be all in.

Thanks bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #22
auto_emocion
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Thanks bro

U considering to renew COE?
Old 26-03-2018, 01:08 AM   #23
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
U considering to renew COE?

Hello,

Honestly I am not sure. If the coe dive further, I will surely consider.

At the same time, from now till nov 2018, I will adopt a wait and see attitude.

What about you bro?

Old 26-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #24
DaveFr

just completed my servicing with Micheal last week. He also highlighted my front suspension struts top bushings worn. the struts are not leaking though. Plus other lower front bushings worn. Car suspension does squeak when wet weather. Dry weather no sound.
Was quoted abt 1k for each front strut. I was thinking of doing all the other lower bushings first. But Micheal said do all one short better.

I was wondering any bros here do just the lower front suspension bushings before?
DaveFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #25
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFr View Post
just completed my servicing with Micheal last week. He also highlighted my front suspension struts top bushings worn. the struts are not leaking though. Plus other lower front bushings worn. Car suspension does squeak when wet weather. Dry weather no sound.

Was quoted abt 1k for each front strut. I was thinking of doing all the other lower bushings first. But Micheal said do all one short better.

I was wondering any bros here do just the lower front suspension bushings before?

The bushing stuff I have replace twice already. Seems like a poor design plus my lousy driving skill. If you want to extend the life of the bushing, you so crawl over every hump you encounter very gently + slowly.

As for the suspension strut. I think you will need to change the entire thing and not just the top portion because I think they do not just sell the top portion only. I think for suspension related stuff, you might need to at least change a pair (I.e. front pair or rear pair) so that things will be more balance. I have not change suspension strut before so cannot advice much. I will change my suspension only if I extend my coe. Otherwise like not cost effective.

Happy motoring

Old 26-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #26
DaveFr

[QUOTE=markfer1;96370]The bushing stuff I have replace twice already. Seems like a poor design plus my lousy driving skill. If you want to extend the life of the bushing, you so crawl over every hump you encounter very gently + slowly.

As for the suspension strut. I think you will need to change the entire thing and not just the top portion because I think they do not just sell the top portion only. I think for suspension related stuff, you might need to at least change a pair (I.e. front pair or rear pair) so that things will be more balance. I have not change suspension strut before so cannot advice much. I will change my suspension only if I extend my coe. Otherwise like not cost effective.

Happy motoring

So the bushing you do from where bro? TnP also? The bushings must press fit right?
Old 26-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #27
markfer1
Connoisseur

[QUOTE=DaveFr;96372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
The bushing stuff I have replace twice already. Seems like a poor design plus my lousy driving skill. If you want to extend the life of the bushing, you so crawl over every hump you encounter very gently + slowly.

Happy motoring

So the bushing you do from where bro? TnP also? The bushings must press fit right?

You are correct. Both time also do at TnP. 1 day job. Send in morning and pick up after work.

Btw, squeeky sound on raining day will not go away with bush change ya. According to them. Water got into suspension so caught squeaky sound. Once dry out naturally, sound will go away

Old 26-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #28
DaveFr

I asked Micheal was told its bushing causing squeaking. Suspension thought is sealed unit right? How can water get in?
Old 26-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #29
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFr View Post
I asked Micheal was told its bushing causing squeaking. Suspension thought is sealed unit right? How can water get in?

Ha ha. You cannot ask me that question because I am not Mechnic.

But what I can tell you from a my personal lay man experience is squeaky noise did not go away after the bushing thingy is fixed.

Cheers

Old 26-03-2018, 05:52 PM   #30
DaveFr

no worries bro. we are all learning.