CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C5

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
Ci5man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Default STA inspection upon purchase car

Hi anyone went for $188 STA inspection for your C5 car? Do they also check the parts for the turbocharge of the car for leakage ? I have tried the inspection for my previous car but my previous car was without turbocharge.

Not sure how detail STA inspection would be.
Ci5man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
SkyC4
Connoisseur
 
SkyC4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnuh View Post
Hi anyone went for $188 STA inspection for your C5 car? Do they also check the parts for the turbocharge of the car for leakage ? I have tried the inspection for my previous car but my previous car was without turbocharge.

Not sure how detail STA inspection would be.
My second hand C5 went thru STA and AA. STA report is checklist based. AA too. But the AA technician bothered to describe and elaborate what his concerns were, pertaining to observations he marked as requiring attention. In my opinion, do AA. Or even go CnC Citroen service center. All the pre-sale evaluation checking fee are similar. Almost $200 range.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
Ci5man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
My second hand C5 went thru STA and AA. STA report is checklist based. AA too. But the AA technician bothered to describe and elaborate what his concerns were, pertaining to observations he marked as requiring attention. In my opinion, do AA. Or even go CnC Citroen service center. All the pre-sale evaluation checking fee are similar. Almost $200 range.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Icic. I am thinking to send to AA as well as i heard they are good in conti cars checking. What happens once they comeback to us. Who will do the replacement ? The dealer will do it right. If they dont? Report to case under lemon law?
Ci5man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
SkyC4
Connoisseur
 
SkyC4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 872
Default

You have to negotiate. Some cheap items, or easily fixed ones, usually no prob. If you want them to replace all 4 tyres cos AA says the threadwear is down to 1mm (for instance), I don't think they will likely accommodate.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
Ci5man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
You have to negotiate. Some cheap items, or easily fixed ones, usually no prob. If you want them to replace all 4 tyres cos AA says the threadwear is down to 1mm (for instance), I don't think they will likely accommodate.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
I see. Great piece of info. I do hope that AA or STA do have this guideline whenever dealer send car in to check they will at least 70% fix it before handover to next owner. But haaa dont think it work this way.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ci5man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
iamveryfurry
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 73
Default

paintwork..etc is small
suggest T&P check if u want be safe
as an alternative
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Citroenchat.com is not affiliated with CitroŽn or any other commercial company. "Citroen", its logos, and model names are registered trademarks of PSA.