CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #11
mykchuen
Connoisseur
 
mykchuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Simei
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
hello mykchuen,

i cannot answer your question directly, as i don't go to a service-workshop at AMK Autopoint called Thomas and Partner, but i know many forum-members here do, and have very good things to say about him.

he will be able to help you if you give him a call, i'm sure.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/m....php?MID=11240

welcome to our community :-)
I called United Motor Tradings and their quote is only $530, include water pump. BCC automotive quoted me $1200. C&C quote $1700. I wondering how come United motor pricing so competitive.

Anyway, will call Thomas&Partner tomorrow.

Any other workshop to recommend? C&C quote was too exp or else I dont mind to change there since I just took over the ride and if spotted any minor issue with the car later, at least C&C is more willing to help.
mykchuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
mykchuen
Connoisseur
 
mykchuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Simei
Posts: 596
Default

called thomas and he quoted $500+. So most likely will go to his workshop. Anyone with other recommended workshops, do list here and i will call accordingly and provide update.
mykchuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
voyager
Capitaine
 
voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,416
Default

thank you for continuing to update us, too, mykchuen.

:-)
__________________
2003 C5 2.0
2005 C4 1.6 (dad's)
2006 C5 2.0
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
echow27
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 53
Default

Just did my 70k major servicing yesterday. I almost fainted as the whole servicing came up to a amount of thousand plus. I did my engine timing belt, pulley, water pump, 1 engine mounting, atf oil change, engine flushing & tyre rotation. Iszit normal to reach thousand plus for major servicing. This was the first time i had ever service a car more than one thousand dollar. I can't imagine if my car was send to c&c for servicing.
echow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #15
voyager
Capitaine
 
voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,416
Default

hello echow27,

the amount is normal for the 70k mark.

strictly speaking, the 70k mark is 'more than a regular major' servicing.

so, to answer your question, 1000plus is not normal for a regular major servicing, but it is normal for the 70k.

at least it's all done and seen to :-)
__________________
2003 C5 2.0
2005 C4 1.6 (dad's)
2006 C5 2.0
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #16
vincenttanpt
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 210
Default

I guess when I hit that mileage, I will be exploring MY Citroen's service centre. Kekeke
__________________
Regards

Vincent

/---------------------
2000 Nissan Pulsar
2003 Renault Kangoo
2005 Hyundai Matrix
2011 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso!
vincenttanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
mykchuen
Connoisseur
 
mykchuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Simei
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echow27 View Post
Just did my 70k major servicing yesterday. I almost fainted as the whole servicing came up to a amount of thousand plus. I did my engine timing belt, pulley, water pump, 1 engine mounting, atf oil change, engine flushing & tyre rotation. Iszit normal to reach thousand plus for major servicing. This was the first time i had ever service a car more than one thousand dollar. I can't imagine if my car was send to c&c for servicing.
Bro, can advise where you did the servicing. To me with all your service items (including the engine mounting), I think i reasonable. The quote that I got for changing timing belt and water pump is already 500+.
mykchuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #18
mykchuen
Connoisseur
 
mykchuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Simei
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenttanpt View Post
I guess when I hit that mileage, I will be exploring MY Citroen's service centre. Kekeke
Hmm...upon reading your post, did a google search and found that Malaysia also selling C4GP......at a price of RM140k+ only......

Anyway, found a service centre located in JB. Maybe i try to make a call there and see what's their charges for timing belt and normal servicing.

For sharing, JB address is

Address : No. 4B, Plot 136,
Jalan Angkasa Mas 2,
Kawasan Perindustrian Tebrau ll,
81000 Johor Bahru, Johor.
Tel : 607 352 0052
Fax : 607 352 0020
Email : enquiries@citroen.com.my
mykchuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #19
mykchuen
Connoisseur
 
mykchuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Simei
Posts: 596
Default

Went to united motor at tampines to do normal servicing. $135 with mobil1 oil. Not cheap nor expensive imo. Have a good chat with the boss and realised that they are also the stockist of Citroen. The part prices are reasonable.....for eg, C4GP wiper for $75/pair (not bosch brand, but a brand start with V, which the boss claimed was the original wipers used in Citroen.....and a pair of OEM front brake pad for $55 exclude $20 labour charge......an original pair will cost $110).

actually went to thomas & partner but too crowded n drove away immediately. Furthermore they sounded very unfriendly on the phone.

So since I live in the east, I think i will frequent them more often than Kian Hua.
mykchuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #20
snowman-picasso
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykchuen View Post
Went to united motor at tampines to do normal servicing. $135 with mobil1 oil. Not cheap nor expensive imo. Have a good chat with the boss and realised that they are also the stockist of Citroen. The part prices are reasonable.....for eg, C4GP wiper for $75/pair (not bosch brand, but a brand start with V, which the boss claimed was the original wipers used in Citroen.....and a pair of OEM front brake pad for $55 exclude $20 labour charge......an original pair will cost $110).

actually went to thomas & partner but too crowded n drove away immediately. Furthermore they sounded very unfriendly on the phone.

So since I live in the east, I think i will frequent them more often than Kian Hua.
thanks bro

this is very good information to me...i also stay in the east...

their pricing looks very reasonable and might consider this after my warranty is up...

thank you
__________________
Suzuki Swift : 2 yrs
Mitsubishi Lancer : 5 yrs
Hyundai Tucson : 7 yrs
Citroen GC4P : Current
snowman-picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Citroenchat.com is not affiliated with CitroŽn or any other commercial company. "Citroen", its logos, and model names are registered trademarks of PSA.