CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 15-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
EllaEmma

Default Things You Never Knew About Your C4GP

Hi all,

I read this topic in another forum, so I thought I bring it here to share and also for all to contribute. *Credits to them*

1. Dipping mirrors when you stick it in reverse! ( click the mirror control to either left or right depending which one you want to dip )

2. Aircon control, press and hold Auto and you can take control over the passenger side as well and it matches to your side.

3. Press and hold central lock button to turn on / off auto locking doors once you reach around 10 km/h. The lock that stop door opening from outside.

4. When you lock your car with the keyfob, pressing and holding the lock button begins the full lock down type thing. So it will close all open windows. Pressing the lock button twice will also cause it to deadlock the car.

5. When you brake very hard, hazard lights come on automatically.

6. Hold in the + or - on the cruise control, speed settings will increase or decrease by 5mph instead of 1mph.

7. In reverse gear, when the sensor beeps, the stereo sound level will drop so you can hear the beep.

8. If you turn on wipers within 20 seconds from turning off engine, it will park in upright position.

9. There's a word "Rest" on the a/c fan (small fan) button for you to turn on the a/c after the engine is switched off. *by bigdaddy*

10. Another thing I noticed is the audio volume lowers itself even when an SMS beep comes in. Need to hv your phone bluetoothed with the car for it to happen. *by bigdaddy*

11. You can turn on/off the reverse beeping tone via a control below the driver-side aircon (near the headlamp height adjustment control). *by vinzbiz*

12. Aluminum bonnet, and plastic front fenders (the panel above your front wheels) *by bigdaddy*

Let me know if I miss out something

Not all versions have the features.

So far, only 2, 3, 4, 7 & 8 for my 2.0l version. Yet to try 6 and no intention to try 5, kekekeke.

Last edited by EllaEmma; 02-12-2011 at 09:15 AM.
EllaEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
dynamo78

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEmma View Post
Hi all,

I read this topic in another forum, so I thought I bring it here to share and also for all to contribute. *Credits to them*

1. Dipping mirrors when you stick it in reverse! ( click the mirror control to either left or right depending which one you want to dip )

2. Aircon control, press and hold Auto and you can take control over the passenger side as well and it matches to your side.

3. Press and hold central lock button to turn on / off auto locking doors once you reach around 10 km/h. The lock that stop door opening from outside.

4. When you lock your car with the keyfob, pressing and holding the lock button begins the full lock down type thing. So it will close all open windows. Pressing the lock button twice will also cause it to deadlock the car.

5. When you brake very hard, hazard lights come on automatically.

6. Hold in the + or - on the cruise control, speed settings will increase or decrease by 5mph instead of 1mph.

7. In reverse gear, when the sensor beeps, the stereo sound level will drop so you can hear the beep.

8. If you turn on wipers within 20 seconds from turning off engine, it will park in upright position.

Not all versions have the features.

So far, only 2, 3, 4, 7 & 8 for my 2.0l version. Yet to try 6 and no intention to try 5, kekekeke.
Wow. Great tips. Especially abt the aircon at passenger side. Will try it. I confirmed the no 5 in my 6 speed egs. Hope i never need it again.
dynamo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
popofinfin
Connoisseur

Anther excellent contribution Ellaemma!
For me I am now trying to figure how to reducethe Beeping Sound from the reverse mode. It is way too loud for my baby .
popofinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
xelacar
Regular

Great article.
xelacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
freedomzero
Regular

Great job. I learn a few more features. Thank you.
freedomzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
bigdaddy
Connoisseur

An interesting list!! Thanks! ... just when I thought I know everything about this car... #2 and #3 are new to me. Will give it a try later.

Also, did you notice a word "Rest" on the a/c fan (small fan) button? That's for you to turn on the a/c after the engine is switched off. It's quite a useful feature when I have my whole family in the car and I need to pump petrol at the kiosk. I will turn off the engine and press the "rest" button. Then the people in the car will continue to enjoy a/c without having to keep the engine on. Not sure if members here know this feature or not...

Another thing I noticed is the audio volume lowers itself even when an SMS beep comes in. I think you'll need to hv your phone bluetoothed with the car for it to happen. It's these subtle features that make this car so well-thought out.

Still lovin my C4GP after 18 months!
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
vinzbiz
Regular

Great one EllaEmma. Thanks for bringing over the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popofinfin View Post
Anther excellent contribution Ellaemma!
For me I am now trying to figure how to reducethe Beeping Sound from the reverse mode. It is way too loud for my baby .
Popofinfin, if your reverse sensors are factory-installed, you can adjust the beeping volume via a control below the driver-side aircon (near the headlamp height adjustment control). Locally-installed reverse sensors do not have this, i was told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
An interesting list!! Thanks! ... just when I thought I know everything about this car... #2 and #3 are new to me. Will give it a try later.

Also, did you notice a word "Rest" on the a/c fan (small fan) button? That's for you to turn on the a/c after the engine is switched off. It's quite a useful feature when I have my whole family in the car and I need to pump petrol at the kiosk. I will turn off the engine and press the "rest" button. Then the people in the car will continue to enjoy a/c without having to keep the engine on. Not sure if members here know this feature or not...

Another thing I noticed is the audio volume lowers itself even when an SMS beep comes in. I think you'll need to hv your phone bluetoothed with the car for it to happen. It's these subtle features that make this car so well-thought out.

Still lovin my C4GP after 18 months!
Hi bigdaddy, thanks for adding two more items to the list . Can i get some clarifications on these two items. For the "rest" button, will it cause the battery to have shorter life, since i suppose it will have to run from the battery with the ignition off. Any comments from experienced users here?

Many times i was caught unaware of incoming sms while driving. All sms are silent and i also didn't notice any lowering of audio volume. Is this something i need to turn on?
Old 16-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
snowman-picasso
Regular

[QUOTE=vinzbiz;63636]Great one EllaEmma. Thanks for bringing over the tips.

Popofinfin, if your reverse sensors are factory-installed, you can adjust the beeping volume via a control below the driver-side aircon (near the headlamp height adjustment control). Locally-installed reverse sensors do not have this, i was told.
QUOTE]

hi bro

I was searching for that button and i notice i dun have any headlamp height adjustment control too...also dun have the beeping volume control...mine is a factory fitted reverse sensor with local installed reverse cam...

i was wondering the headlamp height adj is a standard features for all GC4P ?
Citroen GC4P : Current
snowman-picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
EllaEmma

Updated
Hopefully it serves well to all, or at least to the new owners.
EllaEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
bigdaddy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzbiz View Post

Hi bigdaddy, thanks for adding two more items to the list . Can i get some clarifications on these two items. For the "rest" button, will it cause the battery to have shorter life, since i suppose it will have to run from the battery with the ignition off. Any comments from experienced users here?
The "rest" feature has an auto cut-off after a while. The a/c will not go on forever. I've not tested it long enough to find out how long it stays on. My petrol kiosk visits are max 5 mins, so I can tell you it can go on that long without any prob. So far, my batt is still the original stock and my ride is about 19 months old now.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote