CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 06-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #11
gurung guni

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsngang View Post
Thanks for the information.

I went to one of the car air-con workshop at UBI yesterday, they said does not seems to be aircon shaft, I would need to leave my car there so that they can check in detail... sigh.

The symptom is exactly like what you said. Knowing your repair cost, how I wish it is just the aircon shaft now.

Hi not sure if you wanna try Antz at Kaki Bukit. I had the same aircon delay issue with the tick tock sound under the driver' seat. Went to Antz and issue resolved for $120 before GST. Refer to item #3 in the attached picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gurung guni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #12
wsngang

Thanks for the info.

To add on the symptom, the problem is exactly as described, except that the sound not really "tick", but rather it is "tuk"...

Also, just realized that, even if I just flip the key over to the "activate" and flip back to "off" within split second without starting the engine, it will still go through the whole cycle of 5~6 "tuk" sound before it goes off.

At driver seats, I can feel that very very extremely mild vibration when it "tuk".
wsngang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #13
difinis

HI, thanks for the info. I m having the same issue for my C4GP. Does this workshop help to install reverse camera as well? I bought a set but need expert to install it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
difinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #14
gurung guni

Quote:
Originally Posted by difinis View Post
HI, thanks for the info. I m having the same issue for my C4GP. Does this workshop help to install reverse camera as well? I bought a set but need expert to install it.

I think they use an external supplier to install cameras, you can check with them.

gurung guni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #15
Jarrenstone_1
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzbiz View Post
Sent my car in for checking today. Turns out the ticking sound was due to broken aircon shaft. They had it replaced and I am happy with the service. Thought I should update here.
Seems citroen has lots of problem eith aircon shaft! My 2012 picasso got the aircon shaft replaced shaft. Syndrome was aircon start blowing after 30 sec

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Jarrenstone_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 01:20 AM   #16
wsngang

Just a quick update to close the my case. Mine got resolved at Antz as well. Got it fixed within 2 hours and cost S$160. Slightly higher because the stepper that give problem is at the back (was told there are 3 locations that could give the same problem, front one easier to access so cheaper).

Anyway, glad that it is fixed(repaired, new part is more expensive).

Thanks all for the feedback.
wsngang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 01:21 AM   #17
difinis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurung guni View Post
I think they use an external supplier to install cameras, you can check with them.

Noted thanks

difinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #18
Taihighland

Hello everyone.

I just got my 2009 C4 Picasso 1.6 THP (3 weeks ago) with the tuk tuk sound issue.

Went to Antz , T&P and other WS with three different types of possible solutions.

The most worry feedback was if the stepper motor or shaft is not change, it will lead to damage to more costly parts.
While 2 WS feedback that this is a known issue and not a concern to accept a delay in the activation of the aircon.

Do I accept changing the stepper motor ($200 to $400) or cross my fingers till 8 more months before COE expire?

Thanks in advance to all senior advising on this newbie concern.
Taihighland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #19
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taihighland View Post
Hello everyone.

I just got my 2009 C4 Picasso 1.6 THP (3 weeks ago) with the tuk tuk sound issue.

Went to Antz , T&P and other WS with three different types of possible solutions.

The most worry feedback was if the stepper motor or shaft is not change, it will lead to damage to more costly parts.
While 2 WS feedback that this is a known issue and not a concern to accept a delay in the activation of the aircon.

Do I accept changing the stepper motor ($200 to $400) or cross my fingers till 8 more months before COE expire?

Thanks in advance to all senior advising on this newbie concern.
Depends on whether you want to Renew COE. If left 8 months, I'd just drive since it's not a catastrophic issue (such as massive coolant leak). And when I feel comfortable abt the car, enough to want to extend COE, I'd plonk in more cash to refurbish everything.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #20
Taihighland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Depends on whether you want to Renew COE. If left 8 months, I'd just drive since it's not a catastrophic issue (such as massive coolant leak). And when I feel comfortable abt the car, enough to want to extend COE, I'd plonk in more cash to refurbish everything.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Thank you SkyC4,
After this first taste of a French lady, extending the COE was always on my mind. Hee.

But the brain need to cool down the heart from being too emotional.

One WS informed that the damage to the distributor will be next if the stepper motor is not repair or replace. Is there a distributor connect the stepper motor?

While the other two WS feedback is costly to identify the root cause and advise to live with it. Anyway, the air-con is still working fine except for the delay in activation.

As I got it a a steal of >$5k depreciation / year, I had some margin to increase the cost if COE is to extend. Hope to hear more experience view and make an informed decision myself
Taihighland is offline   Reply With Quote