CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 30-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #11
Shawn Tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
hello Shawn,

the engine is designed such that the turbo will always be spinning (if only, relatively slowly).

this is because the turbocharger is spun by exhaust gases.

thus, as long as your engine is on (combusting), technically, your turbo is spinning (sometimes slowly, sometimes fast).

so, the turbo fan operates on parameters apart from whether the turbo is spinning (since it always is). what these parameters might be, i am not sure, but i guess they would include the temperature of the engine and whether the engine has been worked hard.

(the principles are the same regardless of the type of fuel :-) )

the turbo of your car is actually designed to spin up at fairly low revs, because it is designed not so much to boost high-rev power, but to provide high torque across a wide spectrum of engine rpm.
Thanks ! I suspect my wife could have rammed the accelerator. I don't have this at all for the past 1 month. Only today.
Shawn Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
dcll

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
hello Shawn,

the engine is designed such that the turbo will always be spinning (if only, relatively slowly).

this is because the turbocharger is spun by exhaust gases.

thus, as long as your engine is on (combusting), technically, your turbo is spinning (sometimes slowly, sometimes fast).

so, the turbo fan operates on parameters apart from whether the turbo is spinning (since it always is). what these parameters might be, i am not sure, but i guess they would include the temperature of the engine and whether the engine has been worked hard.

(the principles are the same regardless of the type of fuel :-) )

the turbo of your car is actually designed to spin up at fairly low revs, because it is designed not so much to boost high-rev power, but to provide high torque across a wide spectrum of engine rpm.
Does this Turbo thing only for C4GP Diesel? What about the Petrol version?
dcll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #13
CItC4
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcll View Post
Does this Turbo thing only for C4GP Diesel? What about the Petrol version?

Think the petrol version also with passive turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CItC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #14
Hubber

This is perfectly normally, the radiator fan will continue to spin until desired temp is reached. Does not matter whether its turbo or non-turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjohn27 View Post
Hi

After I parked my car, I realised that my engine fan is still running despite I have switch off the engine. Is it part of the design to cool down the engine? Anyone have similar issue?
Hubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #15
dcll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CItC4 View Post
Think the petrol version also with passive turbo.

How do i activate Turbo? or drive with Turbo?
Old 01-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #16
CItC4
Regular

Quote:
How do i activate Turbo? or drive with Turbo?

It's always on except you are on high acceleration or normal. My experience when fan was still needed was when I drive on higher rpm for a while before parking

Old 01-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #17
dcll

Thanks CItC4.

Do you know if there'll be a symbol indicator on the dashboard if Turbo is activated?
Old 01-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #18
CItC4
Regular

Quote:
Thanks CItC4.

Do you know if there'll be a symbol indicator on the dashboard if Turbo is activated?

No indication except from the feel and sound. You will feel the car more responsive when on higher rpm

Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #19
Hubber

Its a high pressure Turbo Diesel.. once you are above the 1850rpm range it would be activated.

Having a Turbo light and Boost indicator reminds me of those WRX style gauges.. fun to see the blinking lights and LED blink blink
Hubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #20
dcll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubber View Post
Its a high pressure Turbo Diesel.. once you are above the 1850rpm range it would be activated.

Having a Turbo light and Boost indicator reminds me of those WRX style gauges.. fun to see the blinking lights and LED blink blink
And I assume my Petrol version of C4GP has this Turbo function above the 1850rpm range as what CItC4 mentioned previously.