CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 17-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #1
CougarGTR

Default Headlamp housing - internal wiring

Please check your wiring inside the headlamp for cracks and/or disintegrated wire insulation.

All the wires in both headlamp housings have lost, or in the midst of losing, their insulation. Bare wires are exposed and can potentially touch each other.

Seems like a quality issue to me, as the wires outside the housing are fine, despite exposing to engine heat, oil and dirt.

Anyone knows how to post pictures here?
CougarGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
wsngang

I have the same problem... and last time I check, not sure where I read it from, I got the impression that people are charging S$700 to replace the whole wiring.

So, I just use the electrician tape and tape them. And be very gentle when you change light bulb.

This is also a point that I always joke with my friends, this car is full of "wear and tear", and even the simple headlamp electric wire is "wear and tear"...
wsngang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
CougarGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsngang View Post
I have the same problem... and last time I check, not sure where I read it from, I got the impression that people are charging S$700 to replace the whole wiring.

So, I just use the electrician tape and tape them. And be very gentle when you change light bulb.

This is also a point that I always joke with my friends, this car is full of "wear and tear", and even the simple headlamp electric wire is "wear and tear"...

Mine can't be fixed by electrical tape. The entire length has cracked... every single strands.

Tired shrink wrap tubing but access is a problem. Unless the whole unit is stripped open, there is problem to work on the wire end to end.

Worked on the dip beam and when thought that everything is good, opening the side cover proofed that its far from over. There are more bare wires to work on from that access port...

This is a safety issue. Can't find the fuse for the headlamp thus, it can short circuit and may send either the car and/or controller into smoke and fire.
Old 17-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
wsngang

Good reminder. According to this, there is a fuse box next to the battery... later will go check if it is really there.

http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/citr...10present.html
wsngang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
CougarGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsngang View Post
Good reminder. According to this, there is a fuse box next to the battery... later will go check if it is really there.

http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/citr...10present.html
Thanks for the link!

Looks like I have been using the wrong fuse diagram, which doesn't have the fuses for the headlamps.
http://www.autogenius.info/citroen-c...e-box-diagram/
Old 23-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #6
CougarGTR

Till date, found 6 cars having this wiring issue.
Old 29-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #7
CougarGTR

7 cars in the list now...

C&C checked my housing and found that they are beyond repair and need to be changed. Each unit quote is S$711 before GST and Labour.

Drove out the car earlier and found that the Driver side Lamp unit stopped working. Visual inspection revealed bare wires touching against each other. Clear up the mess by pushing any visible bare wires that were in-contact, and voila! The lamp unit works again!

What's really amazing here is no fuse blown despite being a short-circuit case!!!

Please please check your car for safety sake!

Do drop me a PM if your car is having similar problem.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #8
kwanmh33

same here. Nov 2009 C4GP. been driving without the high-beam for almost a year now.
kwanmh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #9
CougarGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanmh33 View Post
same here. Nov 2009 C4GP. been driving without the high-beam for almost a year now.
That sucks!

Are you in the WhatsApp chat group? Maybe we can discuss the details over there and see if we can work out something.