CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 26-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #11
voyager
Capitaine

you're very welcome, vinccc2003 :-)

regarding rainy days and hot weather, sometimes this combination makes the windscreen mist up.

such misting happens in cold climates too, when one first gets into the car (the warm exhaled breath from the cabin occupants causes condensation on the cold windscreen).

what i learned when i lived in temperate (cold) countries was to:

- set the temperature to as warm as you can comfortably tahan (even max, since it would not need to be for long); and
- press the 'front windscreen demist' button (not the rear windscreen demist button).

once the front windscreen demist button is pressed, the computer will take over the fan-speed and the air-distribution, and will blow (warm) air to the front windscreen vents (not the face vents or the footwell vents).

this will warm the front windscreen glass, and therefore make it less likely for condensation (misting) to occur.

once the misting clears, you can tone down the temperature to 22 deg (or whatever is your usual), then press 'auto' (then press anything else, if you wish :-) ).
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi (sold)
2013 DS5 WiFi

facebook.com/citroensg
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
vinccc2003

thanks voyager, points noted!

by the way, when press auto, the air circulation will off. this causing smelling smoke to come into the car direct.
so the circulate is always on for my air-con instead of auto.

am i doing it right?
vinccc2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #13
voyager
Capitaine

technically, 'auto' should also control the air-recirc (switching it on when pollutants / noxious fumes are detected).

however, sometimes there is a time delay in the detection, so some fumes do get in before the valves are shut.

also technically, we're not supposed to leave 'recirc' on indefinitely, that's why some manufacturers like Mercedes have a timer on their recirc which resets it back to 'valve open / recirc off' after a while, no matter what the driver selects.

i have found that - over the three C5s i've owned - the speed of valve closure has improved with each model, such that with my present car i just let the car decide whether to recirc or not.

but no harm manually overriding this, if you find the time delay not comfortable for you and your family :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi (sold)
2013 DS5 WiFi

facebook.com/citroensg
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
c4gp_cruiser
Regular

press Auto -> set Temperature -> Press Circ Air.

Then after that no need to touch it for a long while. Next time, just set the temperature accordingly, The climate control will still function. just that they cannot display Auto+aircirc at the same time.

Main advantage Air-Circ will not open the outside are valve.

So anyone have the same issue as mine during hard acceleration.. or is it no one accelerate as hard as me...
c4gp_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
Sgdstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4gp_cruiser View Post
So anyone have the same issue as mine during hard acceleration.. or is it no one accelerate as hard as me...
I have the same experience as you and I believe lot's of other Bros have it too

Based on my experience with my previous rides, realised that this should be a common scenarios with all or most of the cars..... Not sure about other premium brands though... cos no chance to own 1 yet
Sgdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #16
timmz
Connoisseur

WOT = wide open throtle -> also known as pedal to the metal -> stomping your foot down on the accelerator -> hard acceleration , often to the <5000 rpm region
timmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
virgin

Very cheem air con discussion here...

BUt later i shall try 'Auto' n c what happens...
virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #18
virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgin View Post
Very cheem air con discussion here...

BUt later i shall try 'Auto' n c what happens...

Tired the 'Auto' function yest n it felt kinda weird...
Macam got air con on but cant feel anything.. maybe i m not used to the climate control thingy...

Back to my normal manual settings...
virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #19
warnerbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmz View Post
WOT = wide open throtle -> also known as pedal to the metal -> stomping your foot down on the accelerator -> hard acceleration , often to the <5000 rpm region
i get it too a few times on my c4p. told Jean Charles and he claimed he had not encountered it before. He said exhaust should never come into cabin but it's a very foul smell that you cannot miss when it happens.

It was very strong when i test drove the Renault Scenic and wot at the turn from Leng Kee towards Alexander Rd
warnerbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #20
jwishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinccc2003 View Post
yesterday when it is raining very heavily, i rushed into my gp and turn on the engine.
to my surprise, the air con blow out warm air..my air con is at 22. i look at the outside temp, it read 26
i have to lower my air con to 20 and start to feel some cool air coming out..
as i am in a hurry, i am driving my gp with warm air ....

anybody has the same issue as mine?
how to over write it so that even in raining day, the aircon still blowing cold air....
I had experienced this before. I then realized the hot air actually came from the front passenger seat aircon setting. My little princess actually set the temperature to above 25 degrees and mine was only 20. After resetting the passenger side to 20, the aircon was back to normal.
jwishan is offline   Reply With Quote