CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
c4gp_cruiser
Regular

Default "Economy Mode Activated"

Last weekend, I was doing some loading of stuff into my Picasso. So ignition off, press "REST" aircon button on, press radio ON to play songs while doing my work.

After loading had a chat with friends for a good 15-20 mins. Went to car after that. Radio Stop, "REST" aircon already off.

Turn ignition, then saw the message "Economy Mode Activated". Surprised and ponder what it could be...

Search web and found out that this is a feature to prevent the electrical system to drain out the battery during ignition off so that you will not have a dead battery to crank up your car.... nice cool feature indeed!

Of course, I would have love it to be more of Fuel Saving Economy Mode... but still its a nice little feature..
c4gp_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
AE121
Regular

yeah, something to prevent the drain of battery life
AE121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
freedomzero
Regular

Do you know that C4GP will auto lock the car if you don't open the door after about 20 sec of unlock? I found out when I unlock the car from a distant and by the time I reach the car, it lock it back.
freedomzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
c4gp_cruiser
Regular

yes ... I do.. and its quiet common for most cars... but the part that we always need to be careful is when locking.. If there is no blinking light it means the door is not locked!!!

So beware.. it will not sound an alarm.. just that it the light will not blink...
c4gp_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
bigdaddy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4gp_cruiser View Post
Last weekend, I was doing some loading of stuff into my Picasso. So ignition off, press "REST" aircon button on, press radio ON to play songs while doing my work.

After loading had a chat with friends for a good 15-20 mins. Went to car after that. Radio Stop, "REST" aircon already off.

Turn ignition, then saw the message "Economy Mode Activated". Surprised and ponder what it could be...

Search web and found out that this is a feature to prevent the electrical system to drain out the battery during ignition off so that you will not have a dead battery to crank up your car.... nice cool feature indeed!

Of course, I would have love it to be more of Fuel Saving Economy Mode... but still its a nice little feature..
That's wierd. My GP electricals can't stay "on" after turning off ignition. Unlike jap cars where there's a 2 step ignition - "on" and "crank", our GPs is only on and off. So, if I turn off the engine, all electricals get cut off too. Is my car's features different from yours?
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
voyager
Capitaine

hi bigdaddy,

the radio should be accessible within the 30-minute 'grace period'.

the stuff like power windows will only be operable within a minute or two after switching off the engine.

is this consistent with your own experience?
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi (sold)
2013 DS5 WiFi

facebook.com/citroensg
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
nextreal
Avant-garde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
That's wierd. My GP electricals can't stay "on" after turning off ignition. Unlike jap cars where there's a 2 step ignition - "on" and "crank", our GPs is only on and off. So, if I turn off the engine, all electricals get cut off too. Is my car's features different from yours?
bigdaddy, you have to turn off, then on again without cranking the engine. If there's sufficient juice in the battery, the Economy Mode will not come on for a long time.

I also dread that there's no "ACC" mode on the GP. And my Economy Mode works "overzealously" too, switching off the electrics within 2 mins, max. It's either my ICE using too much power, or the battery is getting weak.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #8
garrett09
Regular

anyone change battery at C&C? i changed mine outside on 2 Jan at $295! So want chk if this is similar to C&C
garrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
yap18
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett09 View Post
anyone change battery at C&C? i changed mine outside on 2 Jan at $295! So want chk if this is similar to C&C
Thats expensive, i paid $160 for amaron 66ah batt for my previous rides...
yap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
garrett09
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yap18 View Post
Thats expensive, i paid $160 for amaron 66ah batt for my previous rides...
yrs C4P or GP?

Mine Gp and batt is 75ah....so I believe its larger capacity so more ex...
garrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote