CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community

CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community (http://www.citroenchat.com/index.php)
-   C5 (http://www.citroenchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   End of 07 C5 (http://www.citroenchat.com/showthread.php?t=29857)

vet 27-12-2016 04:42 PM

End of 07 C5

hi Guys, the C5 is suffering from gearbox faults and i may be sending it to the scrap yard since it has lesser than a year left. Some parts are good and almost new, eg. radiator fan, rear brake pad lesser than 4k Km, alternator etc. Let me know if anybody needs parts. I used to do it for fellow Saab guys with my 95.
I shall be looking for a replace and naturally favours Citroens. Size doesn't really matter in this case ... let me know if there are sellers.

voyager 27-12-2016 05:54 PM

hello vet :-)

i am glad you have been able to get such good service from your car :-)

i still think of my silver one fondly.

best wishes with finding a new car :-) :-)

(it just occured to me - i know it isn't an obvious choice, but the Cactus is not bad as a new replacement: its ride has a very similar loping gait as a hydropneumatic CitroŽn)

vet 28-12-2016 11:50 AM

hi Voyager, thanks for the well wishes. I test drove a Cactus previously which ticked most of the boxes. The lack of power was something that held me back as I drove to KL very frequently.
A cool car is not a priority now as I am starting a new venture. Meaning no loans and to get what my savings can afford --> a used C3 can be nice too!
By the way, the batt in my C5 is only 1 day old which I changed at Thomas this week. It'll a waste if I donate it to the scrap yard. Any takers besides the parts mentioned ... ?

theory_87 02-01-2017 05:21 PM

End of 07 C5

Quote:

Originally Posted by vet (Post 94455)
hi Voyager, thanks for the well wishes. I test drove a Cactus previously which ticked most of the boxes. The lack of power was something that held me back as I drove to KL very frequently.

A cool car is not a priority now as I am starting a new venture. Meaning no loans and to get what my savings can afford --> a used C3 can be nice too!

By the way, the batt in my C5 is only 1 day old which I changed at Thomas this week. It'll a waste if I donate it to the scrap yard. Any takers besides the parts mentioned ... ?

Wasted. I just changed mine 2 weeks back

Your's is C5X7 right? Is the under engine cover available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vet 04-01-2017 12:35 PM

Another week before I scrap it ... alternator, radiator fan etc

auto_emocion 04-01-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vet (Post 94474)
Another week before I scrap it ... alternator, radiator fan etc

I need a C5 X7 radiator fan.

vet 09-01-2017 12:47 PM

hi All, apologise for late reply.

87: Engine cover is available anytime.
Auto: Is your fan weak or spoilt? If we intend to swap with a non-functioning fan, we will need to do it after sending to the scrap yard or I won't be able to drive there after the de-registration procedure at LTA.
Due to a sudden tightening of schedule, i would only be scrapping the c5 next week.
Cheers!

vet 16-01-2017 09:57 AM

hi All, I shall send the c5 to Thomas tomorrow to dekit and salvage a few parts.
Please pm me at 86497488 if you need anything.
Cheers!