View Single Post
Old 27-01-2020, 11:12 PM   #1
nope09191

Default 2014 Citroen C1 23k miles. Goes out of drive in neutral by its self, normal?

Hi everyone,

I recently got my first car, a semi-automatic citroen c1. I've had two incidents where the car has come out of drive and I dont understand why

The first instance was when I was at a long set of lights on an even road so I put the handbrake on, kept the car in drive and then took my foot off the brake. When the light changed I took the hand brake off and the car naturally rolled forward slightly, as I put my foot on the accelerator I realised the car wasnt in gear. I recovered quickly and thought that I subconsciously put the car in neutral.

Today was the second instance of the car going into neutral. I was stopped at lights on a hill so put on my handbrake and left the car in drive again. When the lights were changing I took the handbrake off a bit prematurely so the car rolled slightly and I pressed the accelerator and realised that the car was in neutral without my input.

I learnt in an automatic hybrid so many aspects of driving is already different so now I'm feeling quite anxious about driving. Can someone please explain if this is normal and/or why this happens? I have left the car in drive with the handbrake for other hill starts and have not had an issue so I am really confused.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
nope09191 is offline   Reply With Quote