CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > General Topics > General Discussions (not model specific)

Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
eng61043
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Thanks for the pointers, eng61043. Based on your lead, I found this site.

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/abro...guest%2Fabroad
SkyC4 & Bro Ken, I knew becos I have seen so many of them on the road of Malaysia, esp in KL
eng61043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #12
ircglitch

not sure also. but does any one know of any car plate which is illegal in MY and not legal in SG?
ircglitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
leonardczj

Malaysia cares starts with J usually right?
leonardczj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #14
yves64

Hello Leonard
Not sure to understood correctly your question (due to my bad english) BUT...
In Malaysia all current registartion are in white on black, three letters, and up to four numbers
The first letter denote the state, J = Johore
Taxis bear opposite colors, and diplomatic are in white on red in the sequence nn-nn-DC (Or CC or UN) the first sequence denote the embassy
In the case of the picture 39-12-CC
39 = Singapore (what a surprise !)
12 = the 12th vehicule
CC = Consular Corps
A consul don't have all rights, powers and duties than an Embassador. sometimes he (or she) is NOT a "diplomat" (is not a full time job) but he (or she) is named because have a preeminent social position in a city
Embassies were only in the capital of a country, elsewhere only consulate (= run by a consul) and, I'm not sure about, but I thinkl a consul have not the same level of "impunity" than an Ambassador
Hope I can help you, and if you have a question about plates, don't hesitate to contact me
YL
yves64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #15
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yves64 View Post
Hello Leonard
Not sure to understood correctly your question (due to my bad english) BUT...
In Malaysia all current registartion are in white on black, three letters, and up to four numbers
The first letter denote the state, J = Johore
Taxis bear opposite colors, and diplomatic are in white on red in the sequence nn-nn-DC (Or CC or UN) the first sequence denote the embassy
In the case of the picture 39-12-CC
39 = Singapore (what a surprise !)
12 = the 12th vehicule
CC = Consular Corps
A consul don't have all rights, powers and duties than an Embassador. sometimes he (or she) is NOT a "diplomat" (is not a full time job) but he (or she) is named because have a preeminent social position in a city
Embassies were only in the capital of a country, elsewhere only consulate (= run by a consul) and, I'm not sure about, but I thinkl a consul have not the same level of "impunity" than an Ambassador
Hope I can help you, and if you have a question about plates, don't hesitate to contact me
YL
Hello Yves, I'm very humbled to learn from you about registration plates all the way from France! I also read about your collections of Citroens and how your whole family drives Citroens. Happy birthday!
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote