CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C1

Old 15-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
twinx72

Default someone selling her C1

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-n0wQq7S-1202.html

if not wrong, number plate is 1234....seen it a couple of times.....nicely done up
twinx72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
robustoes
Regular

Default Re: someone selling her C1

Front window confirmed not passed 8)
Old 06-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
cttan456

Yep, my sister just bought from the seller. I am doing the maintenence for her cos she don't know much about maintenence so therefore decided to join this forum.
cttan456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
Furry
Avant-garde

nothing much to maintain
its a toyota

very reliable from uk reviews also
Furry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
cttan456

Haha, you don't know some women..like my sis, she doesn't even know that engine oil & filter, wipers, etc need to be changed regularly..to her a car is just like an appliance, just wash regularly and that's all! Its like she will only send it for repair when something stops working..As long as it works, all is fine, she can't even tell if the engine oil is way past its expiry and the engine is so rattly or if the wipers can't clear the windscreen, so long as it still moves, all is well..BTW, that is how she treated her previous car, a Kia Rio...now I won't allow her to treat her C1 the same way cos I find it too cute to neglect..
Old 07-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
Furry
Avant-garde

i can give u a schedule and u force it down her throat rigourously

it wont come cheap as my schedules are pretty "more stringent" than recommended :P
Old 13-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
cttan456

Aiya how to force? She will just ignore whatever schedule given to her. I actually had to volunteer to help bring the car for servicing and warranty claims. If I didn't, nobody's gonna do it, haha. Like I said, I find it a very nice and cute car and it will be a pity if its neglected, so I gotta volunteer.
Old 13-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
Furry
Avant-garde

actually i dont think anything major needed to look out for this car short of the usual suspects at 10k intervals

the parts can easily be gotten from kian hua, and if u need the part numbers just give me the VIN number.

its internals are basically almost bulletproof
Old 13-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
bobbee

Hi I had my C1 for more one and a half years already and i must say it is pretty maintenance-free cos it's actually japanese inside with french looks (like those MTV VJs). So far only had to get it serviced regularly and repair the button for the A/C.

bobbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
cttan456

Had to replace the side airbags under warranty when the airbag warning light kept coming on and off...Only other problem or maybe it is nornal for the C1 is that the rear drum brakes are a little noisy when depressing and releasing consecutiely like when in a stop start traffic jam scenario, it happens when higher than average pressure is applied to the brake pedals..
Actually, I am no stranger to Citroens...my father used to own one citroen after another, collectively he has owned several DSs and CXs..these 2 models were around for a long time before they were discontinued..I have owned a BX before too..these were all the traditional Citroens as they were hydropneumatically sprung..