CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 18-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
raid

Default ASR/ESR Faulty + Parking Brake Faulty Message

When I started my car this morning after driving for 30km, I got a ESP/ASR Faulty Warning Message and a Parking Brake Faulty Message.

The Service light came on and the ESP button is illuminated orange instead of the usual red. Under this circumstance, the parking brake no longer auto engage when the car is turned off and does not auto disengage when u tap lightly on the accelerator...

Just sent the car for inspection at Citroen and the moment the service engineer turned on the car, the message disappeared.

Anyone has a problem similar to this?
raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
timmz
Connoisseur

make sure that the battery is checked throughly with the test equiptment. typically weird things happen when the car battery gets near to the end of service when the charge is insufficient. the car electronics are very sensitive.
timmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
sarvan_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
When I started my car this morning after driving for 30km, I got a ESP/ASR Faulty Warning Message and a Parking Brake Faulty Message.

The Service light came on and the ESP button is illuminated orange instead of the usual red. Under this circumstance, the parking brake no longer auto engage when the car is turned off and does not auto disengage when u tap lightly on the accelerator...

Just sent the car for inspection at Citroen and the moment the service engineer turned on the car, the message disappeared.

Anyone has a problem similar to this?

Yes Bro,

Please see the following thread.

http://www.citroen-sg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24

Sara.
sarvan_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
raid

I doubt its the battery... cos I average about 60 km everyday to and from work... so I think 30km each way is sufficient for the alternator to keep the battery charged. Also, my car is new... only clocked 3600km so far... So its abit to soon for the service life to be reached...

Anyhow, was told by C&C that its probably a faulty sensor or communication fault... They have reset the error and I'm supposed to monitor the situation...
Old 19-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Forsei
Connoisseur

Hi raid,
Exactly the same as me...just a couple weeks back.
I posted a thread too..
Batt is a possible problem, mine died early too...abt 8months into ownership.
but the error problem like urs, is prob sensor fault, reset and so far ok.
not sure if it was triggered cos my rear brake light blew
Forsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
raid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsei View Post
Hi raid,
Exactly the same as me...just a couple weeks back.
I posted a thread too..
Batt is a possible problem, mine died early too...abt 8months into ownership.
but the error problem like urs, is prob sensor fault, reset and so far ok.
not sure if it was triggered cos my rear brake light blew
Interesting.... Thanks for sharing.

I hope that the warning light stays extinguished for a long long time to come... Especially since a simple sensor fault causes the ABS and other safety feature to be disabled... and you only start to miss it when its needed and its not there..
Old 24-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
Forsei
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
Interesting.... Thanks for sharing.

I hope that the warning light stays extinguished for a long long time to come... Especially since a simple sensor fault causes the ABS and other safety feature to be disabled... and you only start to miss it when its needed and its not there..
Sorry, forgot abt this post...
Actually I also asked Thomas (of Thomas & partners), and he also said it's just the sensor fault,...the brakes etc are functioning.
Anyway, mine seems ok so far...hope urs is too.
Sensors...curse them or love them?
Forsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 AM   #8
raid

It's been more than a month... so far so good..
Old 10-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
maz75

Hi guys, this morning while i was reversing halfway, ASR/ESR Faulty + Parking Brake Faulty Message appeared. Woah ! I had to restart the car and the message disappeared. Could this be an indication of battery wearing out soon ? or like what raid mentioned a faulty sensor ?
maz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
raid

My problem never came back... Car just passed a year and 30000km and it's been a pleasure driving this car... If I remember right, c&c also checked the connectors...

I do get a "tyre pressure not monitored" warning every once in a few weeks though... But its not permanent... Goes off after a few seconds...