CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
skyc88

Default 'wobbly' car

Hi bro, since day 1, my family had been complainin that the car tend to be quite wobbly at the middle and back row, they said it felt like sitting on a boat.. but I did went to CnC and get my suspension check, all is ok.. so I had tryin with diffrent tyre pressure, from Front 250pa rear 250pa, then 280pa 280pa, 300pa 300pa, and now 320pa 340pa. currently i felt that 320 340 is quite good as the vehicle go more smoothly when fully loaded with my 6 big sized family member, but its quite difficult to brake, so will be goin back to 300pa 300pa. any bro can advice can anything be done to this 'wobbly' effect? is it just my car, or same goes for everyone here? or simply just bcos my family member still not use to it, despite my 1yr of ownership...
skyc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
Fizzo

Hmmm.. My family so far hasn't had. Any complains.. Maybe because I tend to really slow down on corners and bumps.. ESPECIALLY corners AND bumps.. Hehe..

Anyways can we really pump that high a pressure? I only pumped 260.. Wanted to pump higher but I saw the info by the side there that recommend is 250 if I'm not wrong.. What's the maximum pressure we can pump for cold pump? Can someone please enlighten. Me?

Sent from my GT-I9300
Fizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
yap18
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc88 View Post
Hi bro, since day 1, my family had been complainin that the car tend to be quite wobbly at the middle and back row, they said it felt like sitting on a boat.. but I did went to CnC and get my suspension check, all is ok.. so I had tryin with diffrent tyre pressure, from Front 250pa rear 250pa, then 280pa 280pa, 300pa 300pa, and now 320pa 340pa. currently i felt that 320 340 is quite good as the vehicle go more smoothly when fully loaded with my 6 big sized family member, but its quite difficult to brake, so will be goin back to 300pa 300pa. any bro can advice can anything be done to this 'wobbly' effect? is it just my car, or same goes for everyone here? or simply just bcos my family member still not use to it, despite my 1yr of ownership...

All C4gp are the same, partly french tune the suspension softer for comfort and i suspect the huge glass roof contribute the effect too!
C4GP
yap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
wnichola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzo View Post
Hmmm.. My family so far hasn't had. Any complains.. Maybe because I tend to really slow down on corners and bumps.. ESPECIALLY corners AND bumps.. Hehe..

Anyways can we really pump that high a pressure? I only pumped 260.. Wanted to pump higher but I saw the info by the side there that recommend is 250 if I'm not wrong.. What's the maximum pressure we can pump for cold pump? Can someone please enlighten. Me?

Sent from my GT-I9300
From my understanding, you can pump 10% above recommended pressure to maximise fuel efficiency and tire usage. So recommendation is 250kpa, you should pump upto 275kpa. Not sure if you can pump to 350 kpa.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
bravooc10
Connoisseur

erm to import in some coilover? think someone tried asking around locally but wasn't available. I googled it,seemed to be able to get it overseas.. not sure on installation and costs though.....
bravooc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
skyc88

can see frm the side of door for light weight and heavy weight, like i mentioned, my vehicle most of the time is 6 big size adult, so im pumpin to the heavy advice indication...

can I get citroen to do some adjustment to suspension or wat to solve the problem? Thanks in advance
Old 16-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
tm
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc88 View Post
Hi bro, since day 1, my family had been complainin that the car tend to be quite wobbly at the middle and back row, they said it felt like sitting on a boat...
Hi skyc88,

You might like to check your wheel balance and/or wheel alignment. One single unbalanced wheel can sometimes cause this

Regards.
tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
popofinfin
Connoisseur

Hi Skyc88,
If u r referring to wobbly during normal cruising then u shld get the wheel alignment checked out just for ease of mind.
If it is pertaining to going over humps, potholes, uneven roads then it is normal due to GP having softer suspension built for long distance drive comfort.
popofinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
skyc88

thanks bro. i will check the allignment during my 30k servicin, wich will due in abt 1 mth time. will check bro update if there is any issue. Thank for the advices