CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 08-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #41
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtech View Post
possibility petrol is an issue in this case, if its majority msia petrol

cannot comment further till whole picture is out, my suggestion change engine oil immediately and stick to sg ron 98 for a 2 month window
if problem goes away you might have the answer

http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index....ic=104618&st=0
Thanks for your suggestion dtech, I will take it on board and share it with the engineers. thanks for the link too!
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #42
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Suspect it might be due to lambda sensors as c4gp is euro v emission standards. Any irregularities of petrol mixed etc, diff grade(Ron 95, Ron 97, Ron 98) picked up by the sensors will cause the error check light..
Hi Sonic, yup the car is sure sensitive according to the engineers and they suggest stick to sg petrols as far as possible.....
Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #43
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_emocion View Post
I have spoken to VW Asia's technical dept about a decade ago. he too mentioned something about petrol "quality" grade outside Singapore. Quality is not equal to RON.

so Joe, try to use Local petrol and observe.
thanks auto_emocion for the suggestion, apprecaite that!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #44
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by watertaiqi View Post
I have pump 95 within the last year in Malaysia, so far no problem.

It is at some petrol kiosk, far away from SG and the attendant was not really aware of the rules.

Even before the rules stared I have pump 95 without problem.
With your picasso? mine extra sensitive i guess
Old 08-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #45
wildfaye29
Advocate

I have been only using Singapore Esso (95).

At least 1/2 of my petrol is Malaysia Shell 95(before they chg to 97) and Shell Vpower 97.

I have also mixed every type of Malaysia 97 petrol (BHP/Petronas/Caltex/Esso).

At 56K mileage since Feb 2010, I have nvr gotten any such error before.
wildfaye29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #46
iwantc4gp

I too have pumped full tank of M'sia petrol (97) at least thrice without any problems.
iwantc4gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #47
dtech
Banned

for turbo direct injection engine, u need a low sulphur petrol and good engine oil to combat fuel dilution and withstand the heat

heavy footed driving/start stop and shell helix ultra for 10k and malaysia petrol is the worst combination
dtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #48
nextreal
Avant-garde

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
hi bro nextreal, 11 months old now, collected 3 days before last Christmas, and yes it is still under warranty. After pressing for it, they are giving me DS4 as a courtesy car.

Seriously, I have enjoyed my ride, been to KL and back 3 times and have enjoyed the ride every one of those times, even my kids wanted me to just keep on driving without stopping....that's how comfortable they were.

alas, now this
Don't worry too much about these things if 1) the car is under warranty, and 2) you are provided a courtesy car. My experience with their courtesy car some years back was that I need not top up the fuel, so it's already some form of compensation.

If it's any consolation, my GP has been sent back to C&C 11 times over my warranty period, twice on tow. And that's excluding the 6 or 7 servicings done within the 3 years. My car was so problematic all the SAs know me in person. (you can refer to my infamous "consolidated problems" and "50000km servicing" threads for an idea of what I went thru).

If not for the expiry of my warranty, I would have lived with the GP. Truth be told, it drove like a boat, had a dinosaur 4AT gearbox, and the driving position was all wrong... But somehow there's was this strange empathetic attachment I had with the car.

Give C&C a chance to resolve the issue. Having owned many makes of cars before, C&C Citroen was one of the better service centers I had known. If anything, they had been the most genuine in showing concern,
Old 08-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #49
acer23
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextreal View Post
Don't worry too much about these things if 1) the car is under warranty, and 2) you are provided a courtesy car. My experience with their courtesy car some years back was that I need not top up the fuel, so it's already some form of compensation.

If it's any consolation, my GP has been sent back to C&C 11 times over my warranty period, twice on tow. And that's excluding the 6 or 7 servicings done within the 3 years. My car was so problematic all the SAs know me in person. (you can refer to my infamous "consolidated problems" and "50000km servicing" threads for an idea of what I went thru).

If not for the expiry of my warranty, I would have lived with the GP. Truth be told, it drove like a boat, had a dinosaur 4AT gearbox, and the driving position was all wrong... But somehow there's was this strange empathetic attachment I had with the car.

Give C&C a chance to resolve the issue. Having owned many makes of cars before, C&C Citroen was one of the better service centers I had known. If anything, they had been the most genuine in showing concern,
Yes, I am feeling the same way. Citroen's service is really good compared to BM's.
acer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #50
bravooc10
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextreal View Post

Agree on the attachment part.... Still missing my GP and liking the DS5...waiting for pockets to deepen and perhaps the DS9..... Kekeke....
bravooc10 is offline   Reply With Quote