CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 12-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #21
cplee888

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwgagt View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I asked for 5 years instead of 3 years warranty when I purchased my car. Service credits are just money that you can use when you do any service in CnC. My SE gave me these as free gift.
So, did you pay extra for the 5 yrs warranty? I didn't know got such things. Base on this assumption, I guess c&c must have a fat profit at that time. Am I right.
cplee888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
pwgagt
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplee888 View Post
So, did you pay extra for the 5 yrs warranty? I didn't know got such things. Base on this assumption, I guess c&c must have a fat profit at that time. Am I right.
I didn't pay extra. You are right. It's all about the price you pay. I think everybody understands that there is no real 'free' gift Anyway, I just prefer this kind of 'free gift' to somethings like GPS etc.
pwgagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
cplee888

Ya, agree, no free meal in this world, no one will sell anything at a lost, moreover, they had earn quite a lot from the financing loan.

More important, u must like your car. Enjoy your ride.
cplee888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #24
gsl13

I asked for 5 years warranty, and they said must top up. But they are giving me free servicing for 3 years.
gsl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #25
Cklasse

Went to Citroen showroom for the first time to check out this Grand Picasso. Kind of unsure if I am doing the right thing to buy this car and giving up my 1+year old C-class. I am only sure my twin boys will like the car, same goes with the wife.

I have been with Merc for 13 years, always changing to a Merc because its a reliable car. So it's really stepping into unknown territory for the GPicasso if I trade in my Merc.
I can be pretty forgiving for small problem in a car but not a dead engine or transmission. Will probably ask more questions in this forum to convince myself it's worth letting go my Merc.
Cklasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #26
voyager
Capitaine

hello Cklasse :-)

thank you for introducing yourself to us, and for sharing some of the context and your personal dispositions :-)

thank you, too, for taking time to carefully browse the threads - as it's evident you already have, i won't say too much for now, so that the other owners have more room to chip in.

i daresay many of us can empathise with the little we know of your present position - many of us have come to CitroŽn not as our first marque, and we've all had our preferred marques and ownership experiences (speaking personally, i have owned (in addition to several Japanese cars) a CLC and a couple of Volvos).

you're obviously sensible enough not to be rushed into any decision.

what i'll do here is to share this table, taken from the 2013 UK Reliability Survey (details are here, but the online data still reflects the 2012 rankings, which would also be useful triangulation for you http://www.reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer).

best wishes with whichever you choose, do take your time because it's part of the fun :-)

2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #27
Cklasse

What's the practice of CnC when it comes to buying a Citroen?
Take example of Mercedes-Benz, when I bought my C-class, I can add options such as KeylessGo (keyless entry and start) and Intelligent Light system (xenon light).

Will Citroen allows me to add options such as xenon light and others? I had spoken to the sales staff Doris and was told not able to add.
I am willing to pay the extra and wait for a new indent.

Will need the experience of those Citroen old birds advice. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #28
bravooc10
Connoisseur

Hi CKlasse,

I used to have a Grand Picasso b4 i switched to a Merc. Realised i didnt need 7 seats.

BUT..... 1 year on i still miss the space and the interior.

trims wise, u can try to ask for exclusive trim which has all the bells and whistles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLC-igwCDM

Do take note that the new Picasso has been launched though (5 seater, not too sure about the 7 seater)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlo8zL9lnB4

I enjoyed the Picasso while I had it despite some minor quibbles.
bravooc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
SkyC4
Connoisseur

One thing many new drivers of the Grand Picasso took a while to get used to, was the EGS gear box. Initially, some found it jerky but were able to tame it using the shift paddles. Did u get to test drive?
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #30
Cklasse

I test drove the car and like most first timer to the EGS, I don't like the jerk and extra work I need to do such as using paddle shift or lifting the gas pedal. For heavens sake, I want to relax when driving and not think of or do the extra gear shifting.

Anyway, if I still want this car, I will have to accept the EGS and relearn how to drive.

I have studied the brochure of the new Picasso (5seater) and check out the spec available. To all current model owners, are the features and interior better (from pictures and video) for the new model compared to the current one?

The current one is certainly more arty farty internally as well as outside. From the brochures, the new one seems to look more well built.

Any comments from current model owners? This will help me to decide if I want to get the current ones or wait for the new ones.

I am incline to go for the new ones due to the many features, especially the electric tailgate. Not sure CnC will entertain adding options, but I will try and whack my way to the top if need to.

I don't believe in the bullshit of Citroen only make cars in certain spec for certain region only (as told by the sales).

Thank you all for the inputs and comments.