CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 12-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
sunnytan31

Default Cost of maintenance on GC4P

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Citroen, to 7 Seater, to Turbocharged and importantly, I’m not cash-rich enough to drop order now, due to the 50% down-payment policy.

Nonetheless, I’m taking this opportunity to understand more about this car thru this forum.

CnC is not new to me and I have really bad experience with them, fault was not fixed, damage my crutch for no reason, not willing to fix noise generated @ 120km/h, telling not covered by warranty, blar blar blar. Oh, by the way, I drive a Lancer ’07, manual. I only went to CnC for the 1st 2 “FREE” servicing @ 1000km & 5000km, which costs me $90+ for mineral oil. After which, 10000km onward, I went outside for my regular servicing and it really save a lot! Outside workshop, they don’t anyhow recommend change of part where unnecessary, as for CnC, they go by book, recommend change according to book.

So, in time to come, owning GC4P will be like “slapping” myself back to CnC, hence I would like to know, any bro actually heck the warranty and did regular servicing outside?

The moment I saw CnC servicing package for GC4P and I questioned the SE, “Why servicing @ every 10000km, isn’t it should be every 15000km or 20000miles (stated in UK site) and furthermore is Euro4?” Well, as usual, the SE is unable to ans me.

I do understand there are many electronics gadget which require specially tools to update, however are there any reputable workshops outside, which can do what CnC does at a more reasonable price?

Apart from servicing cost, so far, any bro faced any major failure whereby require to claim warranty? (e.g. Engine/Gearbox/etc up lorry)

Fuel consumption seems varies a lot in this forum, it can be from as bad as 8km/l to as good as 15km/l. Lolx… Anyway, I take it as an average of 11~12km/l, which is almost same as my current lancer.

Ok, too lengthy.

Pls advise. Thanks...
sunnytan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
voyager
Capitaine

never too lengthy, sunnytan31 :-)

the service interval at 10000 km, is also practised by some other European marques here, locally. this is - as you have correctly pointed out - different from the service intervals found in Europe.

while i owned my two Volvos, the service manager told me that they recommended a 10000 km interval because our local driving conditions involve more stop/start than is typical in Europe. our climate and our level of airborne pollutants is also different from the home environment.

i will leave our other members here to address your other questions :-)

remember - no such thing as too lengthy :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
quizesilver

I am relatively new too.

I can't be sure if it is standard that during the 1st 3yr the service are free inclusive of eo but for my case it is.

In my last service with them abt 2wk back. My eo and filter are free.

But i pay for brake pads and replacement of battery.

Initially got some prob due to my ignorance. I later confirm from own visual that the original pad is very thick abt 1cm thick.

Battery many would suggest change every 1yr. For mine i did, dun want the car to die on me.

I would keep the warranty by going back agent to service esp for the 3yr. Enjoy ur ride =)
quizesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
Pinkpan
Connoisseur

if you getting one, make sure they give you free servicing for 3 yrs..

For C4GP, better to keep the warranty. Driven mine for 1 year plus now, been back to C&C many times, both to fix problem and for servicing, but paid zero till date. Going for 30,000km servicing soon..

oh ya, battery died after one year, this one not under warranty so i paid for it.

You can track my posts. I have more or less encountered all the mentioned problems, and all fixed by C&C under warranty.

There are workshops out there, but i have never tried them before. Lastly, depend on how you drive and where you drive. Mine FC is about 9km/l only.. =P
Pinkpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
SkyC4
Connoisseur

With my C4, I have only been to CnC, and an outside workshop that people here know well as Thomas and Partner. Thomas is rather professional and no frills, but I chose CnC cos my wife would sometimes be the one sending for servicing (dun worry, nothing wrong with Thomas, just that AMK auto point is a bit far and ulu and the workshops are oily and smelly for my wife). One thing to note is that there aren't as many workshops that are familiar with Citroens versus Asian car makes. But you can be assured that those who know, are professionals. Whereas for workshops that primarily service Asian makes tend to be rather uneven in their skill level (some good; some not so good). At the end of the day, owning a Citroen will involve more of the heart than the rationale mind. If you do indeed go for the C4GP, do know that you are going for one of the best value for money MPV. There are technical issues, of course (as with any car). But a 3 year warranty should see you thru. Besides, you should also know that the current C4GP will be replaced by a 2014 model. I actually prefer the looks of the current one. But Citroen doesn't facelift as frequently as the Asian makes. So, if u decide on the GP, do take that into consideration too (it's a good thing to me for a car to have a more evergreen appeal. The original C4 still looks very futuristic).
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
sunnytan31

Wow… Thanks to all bro…

Pardon me, if I keep on taking my current ride’s maintenance as comparison but to me, this is the fastest way to understand a bigger, heavier and perhaps, a different class of ride. =D

In order to fulfill the 3yrs warranty, I have to “guai guai” follow the book, every 10k interval. Having said that, Singapore air pollutant level still not that bad but I do agree we did a lot of start stop. Hence, I prefer to change the engine air filter to washable type (K&N), so I can wash it every 10k interval as well. By the way, does changing of engine air filter voids warranty?

For payable parts replacement (ie. Brake Pads & Battery), can we opt out if we, owner feels unnecessary? The reason for asking is bcos my current lancer, by book, Pads need to be changed @ every 20k but I only changed it when I noticed brake fluid hits min. level and that was abt 50k mileage. For battery, usually I will request to see the test result and on top of that, personally monitored the battery voltage. Averagely, dry batteries max. lifetime span is 2.5yr, however I’m not sure does battery lifespan shorten on GC4P but I’m sure brake pad wore out faster due to the fact the GC4P is much heavier then Lancer, furthermore it is an Auto. Are we allowed to change aftermarket Brake Pads? Will warranty be voided?

Well, nice tips for free 3yrs servicing. If the SE commits it to me, for sure I will stick to CnC for 3yrs, won’t mind paying for payable parts. Any more bargaining/buying tips? =D

I did come across a few threads in this forum mentioning Turbo issue, gearbox issue, engine issue, water leakage issue and etc. Yes, all cars are bounds to certain technical glitches here and there. But, if all these common issues are fixed by CnC within the 3yrs warranty period, will these issues come back? Eh, perhaps I should re-phrase it, is GC4P reliable enough to last for 10yrs? Any issue if driving from SG to Genting, especially dragging it up the mountain?

Oh, my carpark is an opened carpark, prolong parking under hot sun will it cause the panoramic roof seals to deteriorate faster, causing water leakage?

Personally, I prefer current design then the 2014 design, front having “splitted eyes” and rear having C-brake lights. Apart from the physical outlook, I’m very curious how the 2014 model internal looks like. From some leaked photos online, the 2014 model seem to have center console in between driver and the front passenger, whereas the current model is almost flat, where kids are able to walk front and back. Haiz… By the time garment lifted the stupid policy, I guess I’m on the 2014 model but positively it is about 100+kg lighted, hopefully better FC.

No intention of getting a USED GC4P bcos after calculation, mthly installation is actually the same as new, just that the commitment period is shorter, on top of that, car condition unknown, is really a “heng” or “suay” thing.

Some technical questions here.. By default, what type of Spark plugs is fitted into GC4P, Copper or Iridium? Do GC4P come with a cabin a/c filter? Is CnC still using Shell Helix Ultra engine oil or other ku ku oil?

Thanks...
sunnytan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Citroen stock plugs are Bosch copper plugs and yes, CnC uses Shell Helix Ultra.
There are some other threads that discussed the use of K&N filters but on balance, I think the verdict was to use stock paper filters. I'm sorry I can't dig those threads for you. iPhone low batt
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
quizesilver

Hi sunny, for the brake pad, i think abt 30k+ mileage change is abt the max, it is a heavy car, the inertia also quite high.

battery, is sensitive as the car, if u went to the showroom, u will see alot of "gadget" that uses electronic, the CANBus system etc, so many try to change within 1-1.5 but i am nt sure cause i just gotten mine too.

i "assume" u mean to say the car air filter or engine OIL filter? i would suggest keep to stock air filter - if over oil the filter end up damage some sensor become "bo hua" and engine oil filter are changed every 10k.

also yes there is a cabin filter.
quizesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
katoom

Hi Bro,

One thing sums it up in terms of $$$. Driving a Conti is more $$$ than a Jap / Korean. No doubt the warranty is up to 3 years but only if you continue servicing with CNC and change damage/faulty parts through them. Mine comes with only 1st and 2nd servicing free and used up at about 1st year of ownership. After that, in order to keep the warranty, I signed up for the 30k,40k,50k and 60k servicing package at >$2k.

Recently, had to bring / tow my car in twice within a month due to breakdown, luckily I had continue with CNC servicing...everthing covered except my taxi fare to fro to fro CNC. This French gal of mine seems to be out of sorts lately...what to do...looking at changing car not possible with the current down payment...might as well i buy condo.
katoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #10
voyager
Capitaine

hallo sunnytan31 :-)

2014 GC4P will have a centre console, like what you've seen.

:-P
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote