CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
gsl13

Default Is it worth the risk to buy C4GP

Hi,

I am considering getting the C4GP. Went to test drive the MPV, and found the gearbox jerking when changing gear from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. From gear 3 onwards there is no jerking anymore. I think this gear box jerking issue is bearable.

However, after looking thru this chat room, it seems that the C4GP has a lot of other reliability issues beside this gearbox issue, like engine cold start, engine shut down due to fuel pump problem, hot air con problem, sticky console, etc.

C&C offered me good trade in price for my current car, so I was quite tempted to change. But after seeing all these problems, I am in a dilemma.

Can I have a honest feedback if owners of C4GP ever regret buying the car, and should I risk buying this C4GP?
gsl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
pwgagt
Regular

No regrets. Two Citroens in 4+ years and never broke down on the road. I have been quite lucky that even batteries only died when car was at home not outside, lol.

If you really love the car, try to ask for extended warranty and/or service credits. I think that's more important to me. There might be small issues here and there all based on luck. To me if an issue can be fixed FOC, it is not so much of a problem.
pwgagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
kiwiman

I owned C4GP a year now, encountered 2 problem so far. One was coolent empty, the other was parking the car unused for 16 days (overseas) n cannot start CnC repair n was told turbo coolent pump replaced. If want less problem, jap cars will be the best. Conti cars have to look after them more than they serve you. Extended warranty I agreed must insist.
kiwiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
cplee888

Bro,

What is extended warranty and service credits? How to ask for it and can buy them?
cplee888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
cplee888

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsl13 View Post
Hi,

I am considering getting the C4GP. Went to test drive the MPV, and found the gearbox jerking when changing gear from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. From gear 3 onwards there is no jerking anymore. I think this gear box jerking issue is bearable.

However, after looking thru this chat room, it seems that the C4GP has a lot of other reliability issues beside this gearbox issue, like engine cold start, engine shut down due to fuel pump problem, hot air con problem, sticky console, etc.

C&C offered me good trade in price for my current car, so I was quite tempted to change. But after seeing all these problems, I am in a dilemma.

Can I have a honest feedback if owners of C4GP ever regret buying the car, and should I risk buying this C4GP?
I just like to highlight that jerk can be controlled, it took me 3 week to be able to control the jerk but must be light on pedal and possible use the paddle shift to up shift before the car auto up shift.

My ride is about 4 week old, one point I must highlight is the FC, 7L/100km is almost impossible unless you are 95-100% on highway (Not sure the rest agree to his, avg 9L/100km, I am pretty light footer and can say this).
Old 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
gsl13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplee888 View Post
I just like to highlight that jerk can be controlled, it took me 3 week to be able to control the jerk but must be light on pedal and possible use the paddle shift to up shift before the car auto up shift.

My ride is about 4 week old, one point I must highlight is the FC, 7L/100km is almost impossible unless you are 95-100% on highway (Not sure the rest agree to his, avg 9L/100km, I am pretty light footer and can say this).
I see, the agent said the same thing, need to anticipate the gear shift and let go the pedal abit.

I think the FC is quite good for MPV.

Did u get any free servicing when u buy the car? I understood that C&C has a servicing package for sale at $2K for 4 servicing.
gsl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
DS4

This is my second Citroen. First was a DS4. If I had to start all over again, I would still get my current Picasso or even back to the DS4. Recently had an engine failure and would admit it was frustrating but then again, I guess any other car models would have some issues now and then.

Mine came with 5 years free service. You could check with the Sales staff for this if this promo is still on.
DS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
quizesilver

Hmm

I own this as a 2nd owner.
So far no problem except for the funny window operation.

I old sch would alway warm up by letting the seat belt sign to gone off then move off. Crank only after initialisation from "oil ok" to mileage.

I read that due to the turbo engine. Recommend to change engine oil @ 7500km.

Previous owner was a good owner that change eo periodically before the mileage reached.

Cross finger too cause coming to 3yr where warranty ends
quizesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
cplee888

Cannot complain as my buying price is rather good consider the coe is 73.1k (book mid march) and come with 2 free servicing but what is extended warranty? You mean can still buy ext warranty after 3yrs and more service package? How much would that be?

Seriously, it is still good FC but not as claim, (combined mean 50/50 highway/urban, I guess) not possible to get this FC. I must say that being light footer and about 75/25, only manage near 11km/l.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #10
cplee888

Will they allow you to bring your own lube? I do not favour shell helix ultra, the oil do not protect the engine well, still prefer mobil syn oil. Can really tell the differences between the 2.

Is it true that we need to check for oil level periodically to ensure the level is good, what is the set back if oil level drop? what would happen then.

What is the comfortable level for the coolent, I can see the level is dropping, can just add water to level up?