CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 15-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #1
madesh

Unhappy Many features missing !

Hi everyone,
I have a CITROEN C4 GRAND PICASSO (not spacetourer) and i found out that there are alot missing features in the vehicle.
1. Advanced Display Features
-I saw a lot of reviews on youtube before buying my citroen and one of the things that i wanted to get was to get speed limit displays on the main 15'' display. I aways thought i would get some soft of a software update to get this feature. (i live in Singapore)
2. Ablility to Add family photos on 15'' display
- The brochure that i took said that i could change the background picture on the main display and show my personal family photo. I tried that with my USB but i didn't find any instructions on the user manual !
3. Any firmware or Software updates for Singapore ?
- When i gave my car for servicing last month i asked my salesmen if there was any Firmware or software update i needed to download from the internet to install on my car and he said that it would pop up on the screen while driving. But for 3 years i didnt get any of those !(or should i wait longer ?)
4. A lot of other main features
- I don't know if the country i live in is a problem but my car doesnt have 360 degree cameras and Auto-parking and also other crazy features. Any ideas ?
5. Sorry to ask but can i watch YOUTUBE on the smaller screen?
- I saw many videos on YouTube and most of them told me to buy CARBRIDGE and i have no intention of paying my money on such things but i really want to watch some videos NOT WHEN DRIVING so is there any hidden ways to do so ?

So thats all i wanted to say. i hope you guys can reply and help me out

Thanks !
madesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 11:10 AM   #2
acchuthan

HI Madesh,

i do have the same feeling, i have watched the review in youtube and found lot of function are missing. Probably the local govt policy which blocks parking assist and vision 360. But i saw an optional install in carousel for vision360. Software update there are few available on the firmware, the last version i saw online and upgraded my car to SMEG5.43.A.R2. Mine is 2014 GC4P.
acchuthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 02:54 PM   #3
voyager
Capitaine

hello madesh and accuthan,

madesh - sorry to have missed your post - i think you posted while i was travelling.

many of your observations are sadly true.

the parking / 360 was once available on some of the earliest units of the Grand Picasso, but subsequent cohorts do not have them.

the custom photo is possible, but i have forgotten how to do it.

i did once have a custom photo on my car, and stupidly removed it.

now, i cannot find the specifications on the photo (eg, resolution, size, etc) and when i try sticking a thumb drive in to the car, the car does not see any files as photos.

as for speed limit displays, when my main display is showing Navigation, and when i am travelling on expressways, i do see 80 or 90 as applicable.

the firmware updates do pop on the screen but the consensus is we do not know what triggers them since the car itself is not connected to the internet. it is however possible to find firmware on the internet (i have forgotten how) but for my earlier cars, i used to self upload the firmware, and i know i wasn't the only local one to do so :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 08:37 PM   #4
acchuthan

I just did firmware upgrade of my car. Never tried to update a photo, may be give it a try this weekend
acchuthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #5
madesh

Post I guess so..

Thanks guys for replying !
-And is there actually a new firmware update for my car and if there is how do i get it ? (connect internet with my phone ?). I once tried downloading my map for Singapore but couldn't find any updated ones on their website.

-Singapore does allow 360 vision and auto-park because i saw other cars auto parking with 360 vision capabilities. So i guess its Citroen's plan of making cars with no such features.

-The wallpaper on the car dashboard i guess it too doesn't work for new 2017 models as there is a default black wallpaper that we can't change.

-Finally i wanted to ask if i can get CarBridge to work on this model cause i too want Youtube to play on the touch screen

Also forgot to mention i have a 2017 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso

Last edited by madesh; 12-04-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
madesh

Oh, Are you living in Singapore ? If so what is the version and model year of your car because i want to get the speed limit warning system on my car too.!
Old 12-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #7
voyager
Capitaine

hello madesh,

i'm quite sure your car has a speed limiter.

it just won't warn you with an audio signal that you are exceeding your speed, it will simply not permit you from exceeding your preset speed (no matter how you press the accelerator), unless in an emergency when you give it a really hard press (i have not tried pressing in an emergency).

you need to manually set the limit you want, then manually activate the limiter.

setting the limit you want, you only need to do it once.

activating the limiter, you need to do it each time you start the car.
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
Old 12-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #8
madesh

Hello Voyager,
Yes my car does have manual speed limiter but is there a way to set it to automatic ?
Old 13-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #9
voyager
Capitaine

hello madesh,

there is no way, you have to switch it on at the start of each trip.

:-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2