CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > General Topics > General Discussions (not model specific)

Old 21-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
David_ho

Angry Accident Vehicle Took 1 month to repair

Hi forumers,

Just needs to vent off.
Met with an accident on 1st June, bang into some lorry,
Bonnet and headlights damage.

Nothing against the Service personnel, but the parts took more than 3 weeks to come and till date, I am still without my car... Is this normal?

Totally Sad, Once I drove a citroen, the other cars I drive doesn't seems right...
Any experience bros know how I can speed them up...

David_ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Ram Ram
Connoisseur

Their limited courtesy cars are rarely available readily and there is a long waiting list and usually reserved for manufacturer-lated repairs under warranty.

For such accident-related repairs over a few weeks or more, you may consider renting a car.

In short, the situation you faced is not abnormal and within expectations. (I faced a similarly situation too.)

Nothing we can do but pray that the repairs can be shorter than estimated as needed.
Ram Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
katoom

Bro,

Ur insurance cannot help get a courtesy car??
katoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
bigdaddy
Connoisseur

Another way is tell CnC that you will get it repaired outside. Some workshops will get parts faster through stockists or direct orders. Outside workshops tend to be more motivated to turn around cars faster (more profits!). They also pride themselves as "one-stop shop" so they'll do the insurance claims, courtesy car, etc... for you. I know the caveat is always the fear of voiding CnC warranty. But I feel there is a good case for argument due to their inability to repair and return your car within a reasonable period of time.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
oliverlay
Regular

My C4GP egs broke down before too.
It took about 1 month to order the parts and replacement.
H/w, that was in 2011. I thought by now, with more c4gp on the road, they would have stock up more parts readily.
oliverlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
David_ho

I hit against a lorry, thus the 14 days complimentary car has been used up.
Call them up just now, the lady mention thtt shipment is delay led and thus repair delayed also... buay tahan.. i am requesting for a conplimentary car... they better give to me...i hope
David_ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 03:04 AM   #7
dltt88

Better hope so
dltt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ho View Post
Hi forumers,

Just needs to vent off.
Met with an accident on 1st June, bang into some lorry,
Bonnet and headlights damage.

Nothing against the Service personnel, but the parts took more than 3 weeks to come and till date, I am still without my car... Is this normal?

Totally Sad, Once I drove a citroen, the other cars I drive doesn't seems right...
Any experience bros know how I can speed them up...

Hi bro,

Not sure whether it will make you feel any better. Peugeot car repair also take abt 1month average. 3 week spend on getting the spares. Sad but true
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
AE121
Regular

from what i understand, parts usually take this long to reach our shores. of cuz, it does not help that CnC do not stock much parts.

then again, i have heard from others that it is actually the doing of the french people.... they do not believe in making a lot of parts for their distributors worldwide... they believe they can make the parts in good timing. of cuz, their good is never our good... i admit i am very impatient.

correct me if i am wrong...
AE121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 03:33 AM   #10
ypeihan

I had the same problem!!! 3+ weeks to replace windscreen, and more than a month to repair minor exterior damage!! I am freaking pissed!
ypeihan is offline   Reply With Quote