CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C4 Picasso

Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
lgr

Default is this GEAR issue?

Hi ALL,

have anyone having similar issue with their C4GP , last week, these issue came and we still couldn't figure out what the issue with the car:

When about to move from standstill, step on accelerator and no respond for almost 2-3 secs. Then come the 1 big jerk(on & off, maybe after a half day drive) and i continue to step on accelerator (After gear 2, it speed up as normal.

brought to thomas & partner, but still couldn't find any issue. our is the 1.6THP 6 Speed Gearbox. (June 2011)

PLEASE HELP!
lgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
MM7474

Default Gear Judder

have exact same issue, please advice where and how you solved and rough cost
MM7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #3
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgr View Post
Hi ALL,

have anyone having similar issue with their C4GP , last week, these issue came and we still couldn't figure out what the issue with the car:

When about to move from standstill, step on accelerator and no respond for almost 2-3 secs. Then come the 1 big jerk(on & off, maybe after a half day drive) and i continue to step on accelerator (After gear 2, it speed up as normal.

brought to thomas & partner, but still couldn't find any issue. our is the 1.6THP 6 Speed Gearbox. (June 2011)

PLEASE HELP!

If Thomas & partner not able to find the fault. Have you tried body fix which is one level above Thomas shop? It is run by Michael who was working in Thomas shop until he decide to go solo.

If Michael also clueless and you still love this car, maybe can go C&C for a check

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 07:29 AM   #4
iamveryfurry

Start by changing the atf

iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:41 PM   #5
cranxworz

If you have a ODB2 reader. run a test with torque app and look out for misfire, and take note of any cylinder with high number of misfire, ie, 50-100++ which I think is not high enough to trigger a CEL, but enough to cause erratic drive.

In my personal experience, it was the camshaft position sensor. Which seems to be common to Peugeot and citroen, and I have owned both model and happen to both cars.

This is a cheap part. about $50+- from local stockist. and easy to replace. and this sensor can cause all kinds of problems which is related to timing..

Can try unplugging it out. Give it a clean, and clean the connectors with contact cleaner, and if it drives well at least after cleaning, then can consider replacing it.

If you've got high number of misfire, then try swapping the ignition coil to see if the misfire will follow the swap, otherwise, could simply be spark plug??

Also. for .THP engine. Remove the diverter valve, and inspect for tear, clean and apply thin layer of grease on the shaft.. This is easy to do.. and should be done as a routine maintenance.

Other possible culprit may be. timing/oil control solenoid a.k.a vanos/VVT solenoid. The camshaft position sensor, and the VVT solenoid controls the engine timing, and these 2 unless if you disconnect them, will not show up as a fault in scan tool, and this is in my personal experience.
cranxworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #6
Cracker
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgr View Post
Hi ALL,

PLEASE HELP!
I am having this issue since last mth.
In the good old day, it is called clutch slip...
Last time I experienced such was on my EK3 Honda Civic.
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #7
markfer1
Connoisseur

If Thomas & Partner cannot fix. I think you should go back to C&C

markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote