CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > Berlingo/Jumpy/Dispatch/Nemo

Old 31-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #21
zeiss_jim

Default Re: 2008 berlingo

checked skoda. Nope. Diesels are out too.
zeiss_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #22
voyager
Capitaine

okie if anything else occurs to me, i'll let you know :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #23
kiddboy

hi guys, this is my 1st post ;D

i saw yellow/orange Modutop at city hall last month. and i said wow... i didn't know this car exit in singapore. i just wonder... how many Modutop car in sg

myself i drive a peugeot partner van. i must agree with zeiss_jim. i like the unique look of the car if it is in car version. and i like it space too. if the new 2008 berlingo land in sg, i would wanna change my van and get the car version.

very sad to hear that C&C really don't wanna bring it in. for the peugeot, it is call partner teepee. i guess AF won't wanna bring in it to sg also. :-\
kiddboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #24
Furry
Avant-garde

simple reason, low takeup rate, not worth for them to buy in bulk and keep

if they do, one shipment can probably last them 5 yrs ;D
Furry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #25
voyager
Capitaine

hallo kiddboy :-)

welcome, welcome :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #26
zeiss_jim

The Berlingo Modutop doesn't come in yellow or orange unless the owner re-sprayed it. Otherwise, it's actually gold, it's launch colour so many centuries ago. But after a while, without proper maintenance, it loses its lusture and does look like yellow/orange from a distance or quick glance.

It could have been my car u saw because I work around that area and move around there quite a bit even on weekends. After all, there aren't that many clowns in SG who'd want to buy such a "low-image" run-around. Furthermore, I wash my car twice a year only. No kidding. My last wash was just before Chinese New Year (this year lah!).

But for the Berlingo Modutop, I'll willingly sign on to be a clown for life ! ;D
Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #27
zeiss_jim

Maybe current Berlingo Modutop owners might wanna get together and petition C&C to bring in the new version soon, that is, the tendency for the car's interior bit to fall apart here and there hasn't pissed them off already. ;D

But I live with my car's spare parts lying here and there inside the car. After all, my kids treat the car like a store room on wheels anyway. I'm guilty of it too. In fact, I'm the bad example here. Yikes !

:P
Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 AM   #28
kiddboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiss_jim
Maybe current Berlingo Modutop owners might wanna get together and petition C&C to bring in the new version soon, that is, the tendency for the car's interior bit to fall apart here and there hasn't pissed them off already. ;D

But I live with my car's spare parts lying here and there inside the car. After all, my kids treat the car like a store room on wheels anyway. I'm guilty of it too. In fact, I'm the bad example here. Yikes !

:P
zeiss_jim, i am sure i saw your at city hall. i can't tell the colour from a distance at that time. it does look orangy.

for the spare parts, i guess you can till get it from C&C? if not, United Motor does have it i believe.

i did saw a few other-make car at the road show which a little similar look with berlingo/partner. and there is a similar look like honda "crossroad" (i think) and new model of suzuki (which i can't remember which model). in fact, those aren't look that great. more "box" looking exterior.

in fact, this new 2008 berlingo/partner teepee is so much better looking. it has big skyroof and aircraft storage type. may be people go for jap car because it has better re-sale value?
kiddboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #29
zeiss_jim

u're right. Most S'poreans are pragmatic people. They'll go for the value-for-money thing.

In fact, whenever people (I mean the average Joe and Jane like me) ask me for advice on what car to buy for the 1st time, I'll tell them to go either for Toyota or Honda. They're unlikely to go wrong; unless they suay-suay kena allocated a lemon of a car.

I practice double standards : when I bought my first car, I zoomed in on the Berlingo. It remains my only car.