CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C1

Old 23-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #71
momos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackViper76 View Post
After a week.. My C1 is finally back from the service center.
The spoiler is very nice..
The arm rest is just nice in between 2 seat so whenever u need to pull hand brake, the armrest need to lift up. As for me changing the gear just a tiny bit extra difficult but can be done.. (a bit more practise and getting used to it)
Hi bro,
From Where Did You Get Your C1 Spoiler?
momos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #72
Carinsurancequotes
Community Sponsor

The original rims and rubber makes the car shakey and unstable. Upgrade the rims to one-two inch up and with good rubber, it improves the ride by alot for a small car. I used OZ light weighted rims. Super happy with it.

Other than this, upgrade exhaust and also gave the car a new coat (BMW Pearl Black Paint) with Audi Brown leather. Looks nice thereafter.

Oh, also added voltage stabilisation, car camera, changed engine and gearbox mount, used good quality spark plugs, Side door aluminium plate to prevent scratches when in and out of the car. ICE upgrade (speaker size is small and after upgrade, aquality is good. Changed from 2 speakers and added 2 behind with amp and woofer, didn't change headunit).

Due to hot weather in SG and car parks under sun, went for 99% UV rejection window tint. Happy with my ride that moves ard 520km on a small tank of petrol.
Carinsurancequotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #73
ultimax

To add on to carinsurancequotes suggestions:

1. I agree the 155/65/14 tyres, while fuel efficient, are not the quietest and smoothest. Having experimented with a range of rim/tyre sizes, I suggest 15" X 6" rims with 175/50/15 tyres. They're wider so the car handles better and looks nicer. The car feels much better with these tyres. More importantly, they are almost identical in tyre diameter as stock. I have found that even a slight change in tyre diameter can affect fuel consumption significantly.

An alternative is 165/60/14 on 14" rims, which is also almost identical to the stock diameter.

With these tyres, fuel efficiency is identical or only slightly worse than stock. They're about $80 to 90 each. Brands include Goodyear and Nexen, though I'm sure there are others.

Some go for 195/45/15 tyres, but I find those are too wide. Fuel efficiency drops significantly. Your car will look a lot sportier, though. Personally, I think 175 gives enough width for a sporty look.

2. If you want a little bit more oomph but aren't an ICE enthusiast, you can keep the stock head-unit and speakers and just install an under-seat subwoofer. I installed one for $350 in 2011. The improvement is sufficient for most. Your dash will also remain flush, if that's important to you.

3. Am of two minds about lowering springs. Overseas drivers recommend Apex 35mm springs if you're on a budget (~$300-400). But most say they will place greater strain on the suspension resulting in more wear and therefore repair costs in future. The car will look nicer lower, but am unsure if looks justify the cost. I suppose you could go for more expensive coil-overs that don't stress the suspension, but that's a $1K+ upgrade (I think). Was for a while seriously thinking about lowering the car, but I now don't think I will.

4. You could soundproof the floorboard. I did mine in 2011 for just under $1K. Noise wasn't reduced as much as it was muffled, which still made for a more pleasant ride. Still, some may not feel it's worth the money. I think it was, but only just, so maybe you'd like to spend the money elsewhere. Added about 20kg in weight, which I don't think affects anything. Can also soundproof the wheel wells and engine firewall, but I didn't so I'm unsure what difference it will make.

All in, the Peugeot 107/C1 is a great car for Singapore roads. It's a lot roomier inside than what the outside suggests. It can maintain a cruising speed of 110-120km/h easily, and pick up is good enough for Singapore roads. Seats can fold down for more transport space. At $398 road tax a year, and 560-580km on a full tank, I can't complain. I'm thinking of keeping mine past it's 10 year COE. But that's a decision I'll only have to make in 3 years time
ultimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #74
voyager
Capitaine

thank you for taking time to write such a long inaugural post, ultimax :-)

i think it would make sense to hold on to it beyond ten years, given its mechanical simplicity and relatively low running costs.
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #75
ultimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
thank you for taking time to write such a long inaugural post, ultimax :-)

i think it would make sense to hold on to it beyond ten years, given its mechanical simplicity and relatively low running costs.
No problem! I actually drive a Peugeot 107, but the Peugeot forum isn't very active.

Accidentally stumbled upon the Citroen C1 one, and was quite impressed this thread has 8 pages haha.

I don't think the C1/107 has any brand new alternative now because of high COE prices. No one's bringing in this class of cars anymore. So might as well keep something good that I like. But we'll see heh.
Old 16-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #76
Carinsurancequotes
Community Sponsor

Yeah I agree to holding on. The parts are easily available too at Kian Hua or even at eBay. 107, C1 and Argo are popular cars in some countries. I thought of sound proofing but I didn't due to weight.

Lowering the car will definitely makes it looks nicer and sportier. Everything on cost is light on this car if one has bought it 3 years ago. One of the rare few that could travel at 110km steadily and relatively good original sound proofing.

For girls, easy to park too! ‹

Last edited by Carinsurancequotes; 17-02-2015 at 09:37 PM. Reason: ‹
Old 17-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #77
ultimax

Sound proofing is a nice to have but like carinsurancequotes said, not really necessary because the car is already quite well insulated. And the 3 cylinder engine is noisy because of its size and design, so that's unavoidable.

In hindsight I probably wouldn't have done it. But I wouldn't have known unless I tried

I still admire the Peugeot 107/C1 design everyday. Even the so called "budget" plastics are still quite stylish. There really isn't anything comparable in its class.

My main concern is parts but so far the mechanics I've been to have been quite resourceful so it's been OK. I think it's also necessary to set aside money for repairs. At some point there will be wear and tear. Some say conti cars are more ex, but I think it's heng suay. Even Hondas, Toyotas or Kias can be costly to repair.

But so far so good (knock wood). My repairs have been quite typical.
Old 17-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #78
Carinsurancequotes
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimax View Post
No problem! I actually drive a Peugeot 107, but the Peugeot forum isn't very active.

Accidentally stumbled upon the Citroen C1 one, and was quite impressed this thread has 8 pages haha.

I don't think the C1/107 has any brand new alternative now because of high COE prices. No one's bringing in this class of cars anymore. So might as well keep something good that I like. But we'll see heh.
The latest face lift is very nice. To change it, I have checked ard $5,000. Not worth le. Haiz
Old 17-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #79
Carinsurancequotes
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimax View Post
Sound proofing is a nice to have but like carinsurancequotes said, not really necessary because the car is already quite well insulated. And the 3 cylinder engine is noisy because of its size and design, so that's unavoidable.

In hindsight I probably wouldn't have done it. But I wouldn't have known unless I tried

I still admire the Peugeot 107/C1 design everyday. Even the so called "budget" plastics are still quite stylish. There really isn't anything comparable in its class.

My main concern is parts but so far the mechanics I've been to have been quite resourceful so it's been OK. I think it's also necessary to set aside money for repairs. At some point there will be wear and tear. Some say conti cars are more ex, but I think it's heng suay. Even Hondas, Toyotas or Kias can be costly to repair.

But so far so good (knock wood). My repairs have been quite typical.
Parts really not issue. Go ebay n search Peugoet 107 n set to international, you will b amazed there's a lot to buy. Haha.
Old 17-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #80
ultimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinsurancequotes View Post
Parts really not issue. Go ebay n search Peugoet 107 n set to international, you will b amazed there's a lot to buy. Haha.
But have to wait leh haha

If not urgent then yes lots of options