CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Announcements > Citroen News

Old 06-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
lrrp77
Regular

Default 2006 What Car? safety award

2006 What Car? safety award

CitroŽn has won the prestigious 2006 What Car? (english magazine) Safety Award in recognition of the industry-leading advances that the Company has made in setting new standards for occupant and pedestrian safety.

What Car?ís Safety Award is given to the manufacturer or organisation, which has done the most to improve road safety over the preceding 12 months. This yearís award is testament to CitroŽnís commitment to provide market-leading levels of safety across its entire car range, from the robust C1 city car to the elegant C6 - the first car in the world to achieve a full 4-star Euro NCAP rating for pedestrian protection.

CitroŽnís C6 flagship has broken new ground with its Euro NCAP crash test results*: maximum star ratings for pedestrian and occupant protection combine with an impressive 4-stars for child protection.* High tech safety features include an innovative Active Bonnet, to limit pedestrian injuries in the event of an impact, as well as a Lane Departure Warning System, Head-Up Display, automatic wipers and directional headlamps, all designed to keep the driverís attention on the road ahead.

All four of CitroŽnís superminis are highly rated with 4-stars for front and side impact protection, while the C4 has the highest all-round score in the small family car sector.* The C5 remains the highest scoring car in its class for occupant protection and the C8 was the first large MPV in the UK to be awarded five stars for occupant protection.

Steve Fowler, Group Editor of What Car?, comments: ďMany car makers have improved their crash test performance or introduced technologies to help make our roads safer, but CitroŽn has done the most.* The highlight of an impressive year of achievement was the superb performance of the C6 executive saloon in the Euro NCAP crash tests."
Old 06-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
freeway

Default Re: 2006 What Car? safety award

What a most desirable C6! Most likely I going to own one in my new place of business, overseas.

Hope that she is not as 'fuzzy' as my present beauty.
freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
voyager
Capitaine

ha ha :-)

next year, i hope to own one too :-)

then we can compare notes :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:07 AM   #4
vikasmg

Does anyone know when the C6 will actually be available in Singapore? I was first told early 2006, then June 2006 and now I'm told "maybe" last quarter "but no concrete plans...." >

- Vikas
vikasmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:46 AM   #5
voyager
Capitaine

hi vikas :-)

i think you may have posted this in another thread too, right :-) not sure, but i think it was you :-)

i haven't got a concrete answer either, from AA.

actually, i think it can only realistically be after Citroen France officially announces the 2.2 litre petrol version. that's the only way that the C6 would probably achieve any significant sales in Singapore.

my guess is that any such announcement on the availability of the 2.2 litre would come at the Paris motor show in September, with a (short?) delay thereafter for LTA homologation and for the cars to be actually physically shipped from France to here.

at least, that's what i'm hoping and praying for :-)
2010 C5 2.0 WiFi
2013 DS 5 1.6THP WiFi
2015 C4 Cactus 1.2
2016 (2014) C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #6
cool

Default Grounding

Hi, was told that grounding will provide better mileage and better power. Any view?? :-\
cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
vikasmg

[quote=voyager ]
hi vikas :-)

i think you may have posted this in another thread too, right :-) not sure, but i think it was you :-)

i haven't got a concrete answer either, from AA.

Yes, it was me that posted that query earlier. There's a report in BT that it should be available in the third quarter of this year. See http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring...609-13529.html

- Vikas
vikasmg is offline   Reply With Quote