CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > Model Specific Discussions > C3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Snoopy2006
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Default Brake disc

Is this consider reasonable price?

Front brake disc is $75 each
Rear brake disc with bearing is $180 each

Labour to replace all is $90
Parts are OEM
Snoopy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy2006 View Post
Is this consider reasonable price?



Front brake disc is $75 each

Rear brake disc with bearing is $180 each



Labour to replace all is $90

Parts are OEM


Hi. I thought front and rear brake pad are sold as a pair.

I.e. Should be a pair of front disc brake and a pair of rear disc brake. Usually change as a pair I think.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
Snoopy2006
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Default

The workshop sold in pieces.
Total $600 including $90 labour charge. Reasonable?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snoopy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #4
iamveryfurry
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 92
Default

front brake disc usually sold by piece
rear in pair
i have a set of original c3 brake disc, pm me
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamveryfurry View Post
front brake disc usually sold by piece
rear in pair
i have a set of original c3 brake disc, pm me


Thanks for teaching me. I appreciate it.

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #6
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy2006 View Post
The workshop sold in pieces.
Total $600 including $90 labour charge. Reasonable?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Hello,

Hard to tell you reasonable or not? Are the brake original/OEM or some fancy performance brand?

Which shop give you the price?

I am not familiar with buying things online but you can easily call Kian hua or trans hua, give them your car plate number and they can almost immediately give you a price. They charge GST. So must ask them their price is inclusive of GST or not.

Cheers,
Mark


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #7
Snoopy2006
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfer1 View Post
Hello,

Hard to tell you reasonable or not? Are the brake original/OEM or some fancy performance brand?

Which shop give you the price?

I am not familiar with buying things online but you can easily call Kian hua or trans hua, give them your car plate number and they can almost immediately give you a price. They charge GST. So must ask them their price is inclusive of GST or not.

Cheers,
Mark


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is OEM. Chip soon auto at Tampines.


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snoopy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #8
iamveryfurry
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy2006 View Post
Is OEM. Chip soon auto at Tampines.


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
i have a set of ORIGINAL peugeot box rear rotor for c3/207
and trw brake pad
not using as c3 until next april only

selling cheaper than that price u got quoted, do change pads together with the rotors, u wont want old pad on new rotors
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
Snoopy2006
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamveryfurry View Post
i have a set of ORIGINAL peugeot box rear rotor for c3/207
and trw brake pad
not using as c3 until next april only

selling cheaper than that price u got quoted, do change pads together with the rotors, u wont want old pad on new rotors
Brake pad already change. Shouldn't change that time when no stock for the brake disc. Changing brake pad labour $90. Now change brake disc another $90 for labour charge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snoopy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #10
markfer1
Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamveryfurry View Post
i have a set of ORIGINAL peugeot box rear rotor for c3/207

and trw brake pad

not using as c3 until next april only



selling cheaper than that price u got quoted, do change pads together with the rotors, u wont want old pad on new rotors


I did not know brake rotor must be change together with brake pad. I alsways thought that rotor can last longer tha
n brake pad. Maybe 3 set of brake pad then change rotor once.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Citroenchat.com is not affiliated with CitroŽn or any other commercial company. "Citroen", its logos, and model names are registered trademarks of PSA.