CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community  

Go Back   CitroenChat.com - Singapore Citroen Community > General Topics > Introduction/Welcome

Old 28-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
Allan2766

Default C4gp 2011

Hi all, I m very close to buying a C4GP 2011 model. Never driven a Conti car before ... all jap cars.
Mixed comments from friends ... great car to drive but not suitable for the hot weather here.
Too many electronic controls....spare parts hard to find and expensive.
And blur Blar blar.
But I love the C4GP !
Few questions to ask and hope any of you guys can help me out.
1. Semi-Auto Gear - the car is about 100km done ... left 3 years ... will there any problem?
2. Panoramic roof water leak? Any experience?
3. Suspension - is it MacPherson-strut suspension on this 2011 model? Heard it might b using the hydro-pneumatic suspension and it won't last Long in our hot weather.
4. Dry/Wet Clutch - not sure what is it but was told to find out if the clutch is dry type or wet type. Anyone understand this? If u r stucked in the causeway jam for 3 hours...u usually release the brake and the car will move slow. If the C4GP is having a dry clutch...u cannot release the brake like that otherwise it gets overheated and car will shutdown. U need to engage the gear before releasing. Wet clutch will have no such problem.
5. Is the C4GP using Peugeot engine?

So sorry...tried blasting the salesman on these questions and I don't think he knows anything.

And any info/advice on this car especially the common problems to b expected?

I hope this car will allow me to extend the COE after 10years.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Cheers!!!
Allan
Allan2766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan2766 View Post
Hi all, I m very close to buying a C4GP 2011 model. Never driven a Conti car before ... all jap cars.
Mixed comments from friends ... great car to drive but not suitable for the hot weather here.
Too many electronic controls....spare parts hard to find and expensive.
And blur Blar blar.
But I love the C4GP !
Few questions to ask and hope any of you guys can help me out.
1. Semi-Auto Gear - the car is about 100km done ... left 3 years ... will there any problem?
2. Panoramic roof water leak? Any experience?
3. Suspension - is it MacPherson-strut suspension on this 2011 model? Heard it might b using the hydro-pneumatic suspension and it won't last Long in our hot weather.
4. Dry/Wet Clutch - not sure what is it but was told to find out if the clutch is dry type or wet type. Anyone understand this? If u r stucked in the causeway jam for 3 hours...u usually release the brake and the car will move slow. If the C4GP is having a dry clutch...u cannot release the brake like that otherwise it gets overheated and car will shutdown. U need to engage the gear before releasing. Wet clutch will have no such problem.
5. Is the C4GP using Peugeot engine?

So sorry...tried blasting the salesman on these questions and I don't think he knows anything.

And any info/advice on this car especially the common problems to b expected?

I hope this car will allow me to extend the COE after 10years.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Cheers!!!
Allan
1. The gearbox is reasonably reliable. Getting used to it and maximising its potential is a little hard.

2. Leakage, so far I haven't heard of any.

3. It's MacPherson strut. Hydropeumatic only on Exclusive Citroen C5.

4. I cannot for sure say it's a dry or wet clutch but it is essentially an automated manual car. In other words, when you let go brake, it doesn't move like a full auto (owners of the ETG6 pls correct me if I'm wrong. I've only experienced two AL4 and one EAT6 gearboxes and both are full auto torque converter boxes)

5. Citroen and Peugeot are sister companies. They share many parts. You can't quite say who is using who's engine.

2011 - there were 2 variants.

I presume you are getting the model with 1.6l thp petrol turbo? It's called the prince engine. Pls Google this to find out more abt potential problems. It's the same engine as BMW Mini.

However, if you are getting a diesel, then it's a different set of ball game. The engine is generally reliable.

100km mileage, I expect many parts need replacements.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
SkyC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #3
Allan2766

Default C4gp 2011

Thank you SkyC4 for the valuable reply.
Allan2766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 10:01 PM   #4
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan2766 View Post
Thank you SkyC4 for the valuable reply.
By any chance is this the unit you are shortlisting?

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=665227

The dealer seem confident enough to be offering some servicing and "warranty". Do watch the fine lines.

I have not owned a grand Picasso before (my ownership was C3, C4 and C5) but this other thread will give you some idea. It may not apply to all Citroens. My Citroens had so far been quite kind to me.

http://www.citroenchat.com/showthread.php?t=29948

Old 30-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
iamveryfurry

first thing i see
"No. of Owners 4"

second thing i see
"Mileage 96,000 km"

close tab on browser....

I hope this car will allow me to extend the COE after 10years. <---- this one dont bother, standby 15k for engine/gbox/turbo replacement, in addition to parf forgone, that 30k u can downpay a new car
dont be stupid
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamveryfurry View Post
first thing i see
"No. of Owners 4"

second thing i see
"Mileage 96,000 km"

close tab on browser....

I hope this car will allow me to extend the COE after 10years. <---- this one dont bother, standby 15k for engine/gbox/turbo replacement, in addition to parf forgone, that 30k u can downpay a new car
dont be stupid

Hi bro,

Your viewpoint might be correct but please dun call our fellow brother tupid can? Can be quite hurting one.

Beside I am quite sure he is not a tupid boy. He is smart enough to look deeper into this brand of car when many other will just look away after seeing the citroen brand.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #7
iamveryfurry

there is a difference between dont be stupid, and you are stupid

i believe he is not stupid enough to see the point
iamveryfurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
SkyC4
Connoisseur

Chose a bad example of a sgcarmart posting which sparked this off. Agree that there are much better units out there for sale, but chose it based on the year of registration and the mileage described by Allan2766. Pls don't let this forum become the likes of mycarforum or hardwarezone

Old 31-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #9
markfer1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyC4 View Post
Chose a bad example of a sgcarmart posting which sparked this off. Agree that there are much better units out there for sale, but chose it based on the year of registration and the mileage described by Allan2766. Pls don't let this forum become the likes of mycarforum or hardwarezone

No worries bro. Agree totally. The beauty of this particular forum is relatively inactive but for some strange reason. Ppl here do not flame each other like most other car forum. I remember yearsssss ago, when I was in SLC forum. Quarrel is daily affair. Very sian & needless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote